Would slowing down the I2C bus cause any issues with the Audio Adaptor board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaQue

I need to try some very slow speeds to talk to another chip on the I2C bus or would I be better off using the alt I2C pins to talk to the slow chip and let the audio adaptor have the other bus for its exclusive use.

I expect 'alt' pin usage is either one OR the other once it is setup to run. Depending on the Teensy there may be multiple/independant I2C capable pin sets elsewhere.

It should be fine to use a slower I2C clock.

You could also slow the I2C clock after the audio board is up and running. I2C is only used for changing settings (like volume), so if you don't call any of the sgtl5000 control functions after it's running, there is no more I2C communication to it.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking I might try the bit banging library I found.I seem to be having modest luck with the standard Wire and i2c_t3 libraries if I add external 470 pull ups in parallel with the 2.2k ones on the audio board so I might not need to go that route. I actually managed to clear (record nothing) over a scrambled canned announcement on a 17 year old chip! Now to figure out how to store a good copy from a working chip tho the flash chip on the audio board flash from a working chip and rewrite that.

Thanks Paul. Good to know. I think once I find the proper settings I won't need to set them on the fly. I just need record at a level so that the playback from pageris the same volume as it was originally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back