Make teensyduino window easier to move.

neutron7

Hopefully a simple change for a future version of teensyduino!

this might be sort of dumb, but:
I have my windows set to a larger font size due to aging eyes and a high resolution monitor, there is nowhere left on the teensyduino window to grab to move it. would it be possible to make it so you drag it by the window area, or if that is hard to program, maybe optionally add a line of blank toolbar/menu area to grab instead.

thanks!

I tried working on this a couple months ago. Microsoft made the 3 title bar buttons so bin in Windows 10 there's almost no room left to click on the tiny remaining space.

Sadly, every way I found to remove the unnecessary button also removing the minimize button.

I do not know how to make any interior part of the window cause the whole thing to drag around the desktop. :(

Click on the icon in the top left corner of the window (above the File menu). This will give a menu. One of the options in the drop down menu is Move and this will change the mouse pointer to a window move indicator. While this cursor is inside the TD window, hold down the left mouse button and drag the window wherever you like.

Pete

It has been a long long time since I did any windows programming... So lots of things may (most likely) changed.

But to make some or all of the client area maybe act like you clicked on the titlebar, I believe you used to be able to do something like that by handling the
WM_NCHITTEST message in the window procedure (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms645618(v=vs.85).aspx)
and have it return: HTCAPTION

But also could be barking up the wrong tree

Ok, I've put some code in to listen for mouse move events on the main window image. Trouble is, if you move the mouse too fast it jumps outside the image before the window can move. But it does work if you move the mouse slowly. I believe that's about the best I can do within the limitations the windowing systems and wxwidgets framework. It'll be in 1.37.

ok thanks, its such a minor thing, its not worth wasting too much time on compared to your actual work.

Last edited:
Ok, I've put some code in to listen for mouse move events on the main window image. Trouble is, if you move the mouse too fast it jumps outside the image before the window can move. But it does work if you move the mouse slowly. I believe that's about the best I can do within the limitations the windowing systems and wxwidgets framework. It'll be in 1.37.

There's a really simple solution. Increase the width of the window :)

There's a really simple solution. Increase the width of the window :)

That seems an easy fix - it seems I mentioned this maybe when it was looked at before. But using TyCommander as I do it rarely bugs me except the bit I open it to test against new posts.

Back