Legacy Libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

zstergios

I have compiled the code from arduino pro mini to teensy LC.
It display on most library the word "legacy"

What's the problem?
Any guide how to convert them to native?
If are not coverted is there any issue?

Sorry, I am not sure what is meant by Legacy?

Both of these libraries appear to be standard libraries.. Is there an issue building with them?

I just downloaded and compiled the data logger example from the DS3231_Simple library with Teensy LC selected. It compiled without issue and did not receive as messages about "Legacy" libraries in use. If I select the Pro/Pro Mini it compiles fine as well. I am using Arduino IDE 1.8.3 with Teensyduino 1.37-beta4 installed.

I have sometimes seen Legacy in parentheses near library names which indicate the library is not following the current Arduino library format but it will still compile and run.

Legacy is the old Arduino-1.0 library structure. Arduino 1.5 introduced a new extended library structure: https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/wiki/Arduino-IDE-1.5:-Library-specification

There is no problem with Legacy libraries. But perhaps the support will be dropped at some point in the future.

Thank you. I have searched for a definition of the Arduino library format for many months... maybe even years. This is the first time I've found it and been able to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back