Yet another Teensy Loader RPI3 Question thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derangedgamer123

Please delete if this doesn't match the appropriate standard for a question....

I work in a company with some real PITA IT folks that do not really help the engineers out as much as we would like at times...

I am looking at having a RPI 3 at my desk to develop Python GUI stuff as well as a station to program a teensy 3.5

My main question is that I plan on using the HID examples heavily for the Teensy 3.5.... will I run into any issues with the "teensy loader" on a RPI3 when using HID examples for the Teensy 3.5.... final question is if the HID exmaples will work with the RPI 3....

Thanks everyone for any help you can give to these compatibility questions

Last edited:
My main question is that I plan on using the HID examples heavily for the Teensy 3.5.... will I run into any issues with the "teensy loader" on a RPI3 when using HID examples for the Teensy 3.5.... final question is if the HID exmaples will work with the RPI 3....

Yes, that stuff should all work fine on Raspberry Pi. Compiling code is quite a bit slower on RPi than a regular desktop or modern laptop computer, but it works fine if you're patient.

Like all other Linux systems, you *must* install the udev rules as documented in step #2:

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

As with everything else on Raspberry Pi, your SD card's ability to perform small random write efficiently makes a tremendous difference. This is unrelated to the speed class. Get a good SD card. Plenty of info exists about this in the Raspberry Pi community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back