Programming without bootloarder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welocs

Hi there,

is there a possibility to programm e.g. the cortex-m4-f from teensy 3.5 via your programming software without using any bootloader?
I'd like to create small boards and programm the chip via his own pins so i have more space for another hardware stuff.
Or could i maybe get the bootloader chip and design a programmer board, so i can connect it to the corresponding pins only for programming?

Greetings,

Welcos

Last edited:
Or could i maybe get the bootloader chip and design a programmer boar, so i can connect it to the corresponding pins only for programming?

This is probably your most realistic scenario. Many others have done this successfully. But after you disconnect the bootloader chip, you can't upload by USB anymore.

Something else many people have done, which I recommend you avoid, is jumping too quickly into a custom PCB design. Build a working prototype first, even if only on a solderless breadboard. Obvious as this sounds, we've seen many people talk about this sort of custom PCB stuff and try it before getting anything working. Simpler prototyping first is the sane path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back