Programming the teensy 3.6 chip whilst in circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhillipNash

Hi all.

Does anyone know how to go about programming the MCU used on the Teensy 3.6 device in circuit?

Also, do you think it would be a really good idea if Paul sold a separate board to program the Teensy 3.x whilst in circuit. I think I will be using the Teensy 3.6 device for a robotics project (making an interface controller) and I would really like to be able to program this chip whilst in circuit.

Thanks

The Teensy can be programed in place as long as you can get USB to it and have a mechanism to safe any connected hardware while the MCU is bootloading.

If you want to have a custom update path there are a couple of options to get the code from an arbitary location to flash, but you need to plan your design to support that because there isn't a turn key solution around (need to make own choices about encryption, validity checking and if you support full wipe of flash or the safer 50% bank method).

The Teensy can be programed in place as long as you can get USB to it and have a mechanism to safe any connected hardware while the MCU is bootloading.

If you want to have a custom update path there are a couple of options to get the code from an arbitary location to flash, but you need to plan your design to support that because there isn't a turn key solution around (need to make own choices about encryption, validity checking and if you support full wipe of flash or the safer 50% bank method).

Thanks for the reply!

I've just stumbled across this https://www.pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02.html

Really happy about this as I can still support Paul whilst working on my project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back