Teensy 2, dead after flashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lealgo

Hello:

I have a Teensy 2 that was working OK. But the other day I was trying some new library and the sketch size became too big. So when I flashed it I got the size warning from Arduino IDE, but I believe I let it go on anyway. Now the device is no longer recognised by the PC and I can't flash it any more. I've tried the troubleshooting instructions but no luck. The device is not listed by lsusb on Linux and Teensy Loader doesn't say anything either, even when plugging the device with the program button pressed. But I measured the board and the VCC pin reads 5V as it should, also the RST pin goes low when I push the program button. Should I have any hope that the board is not dead?
Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Regards,
Leandro

Try the recovery process (hold the button while plugging in the cable). Details here:

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/troubleshoot.html

Is this a genuine Teensy board? Several counterfeits have appeared over the years with not-so-great bootloaders (which don't properly prevent overwriting, as a genuine Teensy does). If you have one of those, odds are the bootloader may be overwritten.

I've tried the recovery process to no avail.

I never thought about it but now that you say it I think it's almost certainly a counterfeit board... I bought if from ebay, the seller was from Hong Kong and the board arrived with a broken reset button, that I had to resolder later. I guess I'm out of luck then? Or is there any way to try to flash the bootloader again?

Thank you.

Regards,
Leandro

ICSP may get code onto the chip, but you will have lost most of the benifiets of a Teensy by the point you are doing that.

Since it was an ebay purchase magic word is 'counterfeit' in correspondence with the seller will get a refund, assuming you haven't had it sitting around longer than the feedback period or the seller has vanished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back