Teensy3.1 / 3.2 + Octows2811 + 12V ws2811 strips RGB swapped

Micropuller

Just starting a new thread here, as it doesn't seem to get much attention in the Technical Support & Questions subforum.
I bought my Teensies and OctoWS2811's especially for controlling LED's, so I'm really hoping for a solution.
I've tried installing an older version of Teensyduino (1.36) and tried to make it work with an older version of Arduino (1.0.6), but got error messages when trying to upload the BasicTest sketch.
Here's the original thread:https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/44090-Teensy3-1-Octows2811-12V-ws2811-strips-RGB-swapped
The topic starter sems to encounter exactly the same problem as I do.

Seems to work fine when I use Arduino 1.0.6 with the latest Teensyduino 1.38-beta.

sc.png

I've tried installing Arduino 1.0.6 and Teensyduino 1.38-beta.
When I try to upload, I get this error message: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\arm-none-eabi-ar": CreateProcess error=2
Then I changed back to Arduino 1.8.3 and Teensyduino 1.38-beta. This time uploading was no problem, but the colors were wrong again.
I changed back to Arduino 1.0.6 and installed Teensyduino 1.38-beta again, to make sure I didn't do anything wrong and again got the same error message.
I did notice that "arm-none-eabi-ar" is in a folder called "arm" under "tools". Maybe that's the problem?

Oh, I believe I see what's happening here.

You'll need to edit hardware/teensy/boards.txt within your Arduino folder.

Find this line:

Code:
teensy31.build.command.ar=arm-none-eabi-ar

and change it to this:

Code:
teensy31.build.command.ar=arm-none-eabi-gcc-ar

I'll fix this on the next beta.

Back