Teensy UART (Hardware Serial) and I2C problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElkinDiaz

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to communicate serially with the PC at 460800 bauds, in order to do it, I am connecting a FTDI circuit, and I am using the flow control signals CTS and RTS. I'm able to read and write using this setup at 460800 bauds, however when I try to communicate using the I2C using the <i2c_t3.h> library, linked to Wire1 PIN 29 AND 30, at the same time, it stops working, I mean by stop working that it allow me to upload the firmware, but does not send anything through the hardware serial.

Is it possible to use the Serial1 hardware port, and at the same time use the Wire1 communication port?

Is there any reused part of the circuit and this is making not possible?

Thanks for your support or ideas,

It might help to have additional information, like which board? T3.2? I am guessing as per pins 29, 39

Also an example program that shows the issue.

You should be able to to do I2C and Serial1 in the same program. They use different subsystems and I don't see any common pins, but again not much info

Is it possible to use the Serial1 hardware port, and at the same time use the Wire1 communication port?

Yes, Serial1 and Wire1 can be used together.

Is there any reused part of the circuit and this is making not possible?

No, the hardware is independent. It's not the circuitry.

Thanks for your support or ideas,

The problem is almost certainly software-based.

Nobody can investigate or help in any meaningful way unless you post a complete program and steps to reproduce the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back