How to Pitch Shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMJLeo

Hello everyone! I'm trying to make a pitch shift in Teensy LC -- similar/same to the ones on modern electric pianos, where a midi note gets "bent". Teensy is going to send a Midi note through USB HID and a button is going to trigger the Midi note and slider for pitch shift. I have no idea where to start with the pitch shift, as I am not familiar with C++ / Arduino. Help?

You mean 'pitch bend' as 'pitch shift' refers to altering the pitch of a signal rather than changing the rate of an oscillator via MIDI or control voltage.

sendPitchBend is a message in both the usb and hardware MIDI libraries.

There have been a few threads on the topic recently... search "pitchbend"

I didn't find a decent general reference for you but this post has some additional details and links:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/44896-sending-Pitch-bend-doens-t-work?p=147103&viewfull=1#post147103

Last edited:
Before you start writing code, please at least try using the examples. In Arduino, click File > Examples > Teensy > USB_MIDI to open them. Pick one and upload it to your Teensy. Even if you don't care about note on/off messages, please at least use these to make sure the USB MIDI is working with your PC. The examples can also really help you build a little experience with adapting the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back