Teensy 3.6: determine if board is functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

theSmith

I'm working on a MIDI interface as part of a synthesizer project using a Teensy 3.6, but this morning I ran into some problems.
Specifically, I was trying to measure with a multimeter if the board was correctly powered (I'm using a circuit that provides 5V to the board), when I accidentally touched both the Vin pin and the board USB connector at the same time. This caused my computer to shut down, together with my additional display. Both computer and display are fine, as well as the USB port on the computer, but the Teensy is not recognized anymore by Windows (I'm using Windows 8.1).
Unfortunately I cannot upload any sketch on the board, so I'm not able to see if the board is still functioning: what can I do to see if the board is ok or not?
Thank you in advance

Have you tried using the program button on the board? To see if you can get it into program mode...

Something like load blink example, do a verify command which brings up Teensy program and then push button? If that does not work, try holding button in While plugging the USB into it. Can you upload then?

I tried pressing the PROGRAM button and now it works again! Thank you very much!
I still don't get why now it works while before it didn't...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back