Two Teensy's on One Computer et al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinker76

Five questions regarding Teensy 3.6 with Arduino IDE v1.82 and Teensyduino on Windows 10

I wish to run two Teensy’s from the same computer; for example, Teensy #1 connected to Com3 and Teensy #2 connected to Com12. Even though I open two separate instances of the IDE from the Start Menu and even though I am able to designate the Teensy #1 as Com3 and Teensy #2 Com12, either sketch is always uploaded to Teensy #1 on Com3.

I have been able to connect one Teensy at a time (#1 as Com3 and #2 as Com12) upload a sketch to Teensy #1 on Com3, disconnect it, and then connect Teensy #2 on Com12 upload its sketch, and then connect both #1 and #2 as Com 3 and Com 12 respectively.

1. Is this the only reliable method.

2. Can I somehow change the Comm number for a specific Teensy?
It seems permanent once I connect it to a given computer.

3. How can I obtain the SN for a specific Teensy?
When I use Tools Menu - Get Board Info
The following information is displayed.
BN: Teensy
VID: 16C0
PID: 0483
SN: Upload any sketch to obtain it
No matter what I do, the same message appears.

4. Is the Serial Plotter available with Teensyduino? I am able to access the Serial Monitor but not the Serial Plotter.

5. Should I be using USB Serial for Teensy 3.6 with Teensyduino rather than USB Raw HID.
I believe I may have originally missed the small print and began by using Raw HID but have recently switched to Serial.

Thank you,
Dave Kender

Re #5 > Serial is better.

And as noted TyCommander ( aka tyqt ) is awesome - it won't do plotting, but a great robust Serial Monitor - and when using 'Integrate to Arduino' ( close IDE and TeensyLoader ) it becomes the Loader when the IDE is re-opened. It shows Serial # for each device and you can open two IDE's with unique INO's and choose which goes where on first instance and then it directs it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back