Master.ino.hex unreadable

Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete

Hi everyone,

My Teensy 3.2 is not being detected by the Arduino app nor by the device manager. The board doesn't seem to be defective though, since pressing the reset button registers a response in the Teensy app and a multimeter confirms that the 3.3V pins have voltage going through them.

But the Teensy app has a perplexing warning:

Code:
Master.ino.hex (unreadable)

scrnshot.png

Could a corrupted Master.ino.hex file be the reason why the Teensy can't connect to my PC? If so, how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I tried reinstall Teensyduino and the Teensy app itself, to no avail.

Hoping it is Windows as it wasn't noted - not sure about other OS's

In the IDE try : SKETCH / Export compiled binary

Then hit : Ctrl + K

That will open the current sketch folder.

That should show the folder with the .HEX file in it.

Then using TeensyDuino : FILE / Open HEX file

And point to the folder and the HEX file and try that.

Could a corrupted Master.ino.hex file be the reason why the Teensy can't connect to my PC?

Yes, if the file somehow got corrupted (eg, ransomware encrypted it), that could explain this error.

But other explanations are far more likely, like the file got moved to a different location or was accidentally deleted.

If so, how can I fix it?

There are 2 ways.

1: Find a known-good copy of the HEX file. Make a mental note of where it is on your computer. Perhaps even make a copy in some convenient location, like your Documents or Downloads folder. Then click File > Open HEX File. In the file open dialog box, navigate to the location where you put the file, select it, and click the Open button.

2: If you have the original code in Arduino, click Arduino's Tools > Boards and select Teensy 3.1/3.2. Then click the Verify button in Arduino's toolbar. Wait a few moments while Arduino recompiles all the code. When it create the new hex file, the Teensy Loader window will automatically update with the freshly compiled HEX file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back