using Teensy 3.5 to post message on a Funduino I2C 1602 LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.

maa@vims.edu

I am using a Teensy 3.5 to send a string to a Funduino I2C 1602 LCD display (see the picture attached. The LCD’s web site is at the end). This LCD display is very reasonable priced (~$6) and it only requires 4 lines to pass the message. So I am glad that I found this combination. I am using Arduino 1.8.2's Teensy mode to compile and run the program (attached) under Windows 7, and check the results on Serial Monitor. The 1602 LCD display is powered by USB's 5 VDC. I use two 4.7k resistors to pull up the SDA and SCL, respectively, with Teensy's 3.3V power. I checked the call of I2C by using “Wire.getError().” It returns no error. The message is showing on Serial Monitor correctly.

The problem is that the display on LCD module is only a very quick blinking which cannot be seen. To extend the delay to 4 sec does not help at all.
Please help. Thanks and best.

http://www.dx.com/p/funduino-iic-i2...cd-screen-black-green-red-173588#.WX_9zk02yUm

Attachments

• Tensy3_5_I2C_LCD.ino
    2.6 KB · Views: 193
  • LCD setup photo.jpg
    LCD setup photo.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 242
Yes, you almost certainly need to use LiquidCrystal_I2C.

That library only supports Wire, not Wire1. So you either need to connect to pins 18 & 19, or edit the library to change all "Wire" to "Wire1".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back