Teensy with MK66FN2M0VMD18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattomatto

Hey all / Paul,

The Teensy 3.6 is based on the NXP MK66FX1M0VMD18. The MK66FN2M0VMD18 appears to be essentially the same chip, with more Flash memory. They share a data sheet, and the pinout is the same.

What would be involved in getting teensy sketches to compile and run on a DIY teensy board using aMK66FN2M0VMD18? Should it just work?

Many thanks,

Matt

Having searched the shared data sheet and reference manual, the only differences I can find are in the screenshots below. In theory, all other chip behaviours and registers are the same.

If I were to alter the MK66FX1 linker script, check through mk20dx128.h and .c for any differences, and not use any EEPROM libraries, should this work?
I guess the other unknown is what the Teensy boot loader chip will do.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 10.34.52.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 10.33.09.jpg

Any help appreciated!

Matt

... using aMK66FN2M0VMD18? Should it just work?

No, I can confirm it definitely will not work.

The flash controller in that part works differently, with 4 flash blocks in 2 banks rather than a single bank. Details can be found in the reference manual. The bootloader will not work with the different dual bank flash.

No, I can confirm it definitely will not work.

The flash controller in that part works differently, with 4 flash blocks in 2 banks rather than a single bank. Details can be found in the reference manual. The bootloader will not work with the different dual bank flash.

Ok great, thanks for saving me the time of building up a DIY board to find that out!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back