Teensy LC not turning on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost420

Yesterday i bought a Teensy LC from a distributor of adafruit in my country (Bangladesh). I used it to build a line follower robot with a L298N motor module and QTR 8RC sensors. The car was running great all the day but suddenly it stopped. I checked the bot and the teensy was not powered on. Even a USB connection from PC is not turning it on. I mean no led blinks no detection nothing! Can anyone help me out whats wrong with it? Is it dead? Or any other way to re use? One thing coming to my mind that i haven't made any wrong connections. If i made so, the teensy would have been dead a long ago! But the car was running beautifully i don't know suddenly what happened!

Is my teensy dead? Or any way to use it? Experts please help! Thanks in advance!

Some suggestions:

Check the 5V and 3.3V power - of not correct try removing connected hardware in case they have pulled low
If both voltages are correct, does your PC notice any USB activity when you plug it in and/or press the program button?

The Teensy LC really doesn't like voltages above 3.3V on it's pins, so possible cause of death is anything in your design that allowed voltage spikes to reach the micro controller (such as motor start/stop spikes).

A photo of your design could help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back