I2c eeprom with Adafruit numeric display

Status
Not open for further replies.

BReeves

Seeing the thread on reading an I2c eeprom gave me the idea of using a eeprom to store data on my stepper motor controller. I will be using an Adafruit 8 digit LED I2c numeric display which uses two addresses and the Adafruit display library. Wondering if I can hang a 24C256 I2c eeprom on the I2c buss along with the display. Guess I need to start by seeing how compatible the eeprom is with the chip Adafruit uses on the display backpack, doubtful if I can use both the Adafruit library at the same time as the PJRC Wire library.. Right?

What Teensy #? EEPROM facilities are built in to each Teensy.
The Adafruit likely uses Wire as well - both would use the same Teensy compatible library - so that should work without conflict as long as the devices have unique i2c addresses.
Only if wanting to use the i2c_t3 library would the Adafruit code need to be modified to include that instead.

What Teensy #? EEPROM facilities are built in to each Teensy.
The Adafruit likely uses Wire as well - both would use the same Teensy compatible library - so that should work without conflict as long as the devices have unique i2c addresses.
Only if wanting to use the i2c_t3 library would the Adafruit code need to be modified to include that instead.

Teensy 2.0, Should have done more research I was not aware of the built in eeprom, will fit my needs perfectly.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back