Adafruit_winc155 spi

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardFerraro

I have a problem. Something is very bad, I suspect with either the Adafruit_WINC1500 or SPI libraries.

On a Teensy 3.2, I use the Adafruit_WINC1500 libraries with TeensyDuino 1.3.7 beta3 and Arduino 1.82.

My program uses 61% of program and 29% dynamic memory. My program is far to big to provide source code.

I can get the Adafruit examples to work. My program works as well - except, depending on the amount of data memory I declare (yet I am around 29%) it crashes at Setup when I instantiate my Wifi Classe that includes the Adafruit_WIN1500.h and Adafruit_WINC1500Udp.h.
It is not intermittent, rather, it is data memory sensitive.

If I remove some data memory , I can get it to work again. If I add new unrelated data memory (undetermined how much), it either always works or always doesn't work.
In other words, working or not working is based on the compile and evidently the data memory allocated.

The data memory added is not used, as the program never gets beyond setup of my wifiClass instantiator (which sets a few pointers but doesn't use them).

Never seen this before.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Richard

there is a major problem with the winc1500 lib, reading their github issues is enough to explain itself
other than long delays, it has the ability to lock up the entire mcu, be it teensy or avr or whatever else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back