OctoSK6812+Artnet+ 280ledsSK6812 x4: Only first 3 universes ok, next are lagging

Status
Not open for further replies.
I implemented ArtSync but have no hardware to test right now so it would be great if you could test this out.
The sketch is here: https://github.com/natcl/Artnet/tree/master/examples/OctoWS2811/ArtnetOctoWS2811Sync (I also added a NeoPixelSync example)
Make sure you use the newer library (not the one that ships with Teensyduino)
Also make sure to read this thread completely as another issue for bad reception is the buffer sizes in the Ethernet library.

Last edited:
For those reading this thread.... The important thing that is pointed out is using the correct one socket library to allow a larger buffer. its tricky because you need to replace the teensy ethernet library (not the arudino standard one) . As artnet or SACN packets come in rapidly you need the larger buffer so you have the appropriate time to process the packet in your loop code before it gets overwritten. too small of a buffer and you start loosing artnet/sacn frames. You know you don't have it right or the correct library if you are doing more than 2-3 universes of pixels and flickering starts to happen.

Also I found that Instead of framing based off of receiving all universes, or framing based off of a packet I use a different method. The method I use is I send my buffer (ledshow etc) based off of loop count that is the same as universes I am processing. So If I have 32 universes I do my ledshow every 32 loops. This way I am not holding the loop up looking for all universes or looking for specific frames. For me and what I have used it for works great. Within my own testing I can frame up to 32 universes at 25 FPS. You can see the results here ( both are running 10+ universes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back