Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensyduino 1.38 Released

Teensyduino 1.38 Released

Teensyduino 1.38 has been released.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

These changes were made after the last beta:

Symbol table and disassembly listing are placed in temp build folder
    Fix audio memory usage stats when more than 255 blocks allocated
    Fix USB audio transmit with null data
    Audio library support for external delay with CY15B104 (FrankB)

I'm having trouble with the Raspberry Pi used to build for Linux ARM. Looking for Raspberry Pi feedback...

A customer (I'm a Teensy reseller) reported this error with Teensyduino 1.38 and Arduino 1.8.4 when trying to upload the Blink example to a Teensy LC https://pastebin.com/6xL8meDC

Tried it myself and got the same error.

Blink build failure

It looks like this commit is responsible:
    https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/co...dee782e2747e71

Since Teensy LC has a shared interrupt for the PIT channels, it should probably be wrapped in a '#ifdef KINETISK'.

Opps, that's embarrassing! Looks like 1.39 might be coming later today....

Having the same issues with Teensyduino 1.38 but with Arduino 1.8.1 and 1.8.3.

@Paul - I have been running into some interesting types of errors, not sure if related to latest Arduino or latest Teensyduino...

That is sometimes when I do a build (not sure if only verify or also with upload).
    The build will complete, but then fail at the end like:

Code:
    Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), TD: 1.38, Board: "Teensy 3.6, Serial, 180 MHz, Faster, US English"

d:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\tools\arm\bin\../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ar.exe: unable to rename 'C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766/core/core.a'; reason: File exists

Multiple libraries were found for "USBHost_t36.h"
     Used: C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36
     Not used: D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\USBHost_t36
    Using library USBHost_t36 at version 0.1 in folder: C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36 
    Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.
    And if I try to build again, it gets even stranger errors:
    Code:
    Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), TD: 1.38, Board: "Teensy 3.6, Serial, 180 MHz, Faster, US English"

Linking everything together...
    "D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -O2 -Wl,--gc-sections,--relax,--defsym=__rtc_localtime=1503989929 "-TD:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/mk66fx1m0.ld" -lstdc++  -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -fsingle-precision-constant -o "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766/xxx.ino.elf" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\sketch\xxx.ino.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\enumeration.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\hub.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\keyboard.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\memory.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\midi.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\mouse.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\print.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766/core\core.a" "-LC:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766" -larm_cortexM4lf_math -lm
    C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o: In function `usb_serial_class::write(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/usb_serial.h:95: undefined reference to `usb_serial_write'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o: In function `Print::print(unsigned long)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Print.h:68: undefined reference to `Print::printNumber(unsigned long, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o: In function `usb_serial_class::write(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/usb_serial.h:95: undefined reference to `usb_serial_write'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o: In function `Print::print(unsigned long, int)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Print.h:74: undefined reference to `Print::printNumber(unsigned long, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o: In function `Print::print(unsigned long, int)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Print.h:70: undefined reference to `Print::printNumber(unsigned long, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\print.cpp.o: In function `usb_serial_class::write(unsigned char)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/usb_serial.h:94: undefined reference to `usb_serial_putchar'

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/usb_serial.h:94: undefined reference to `usb_serial_putchar'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\print.cpp.o: In function `USBHost::print_hexbytes(void const*, unsigned long)':

C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36/print.cpp:184: undefined reference to `Serial'

C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36/print.cpp:184: undefined reference to `Print::println()'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Used: C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36
    Using library USBHost_t36 at version 0.1 in folder: C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36 
    Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.
    Note: there were lots and lots of the same errors.... Edited down so not so big!

I exited Arduino IDE, cleaned out the temp folder of Arduino build and cache... Tried again and it failed like first one... File existed...

So I then reran the install for the last Beta install and then tried building code again and it worked... Will try reinstalling latest released again (tried this yesterday and it worked).

But maybe it was also due to using the integration of TyCommander...

Quote Originally Posted by KurtE View Post
    Used: C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost _t36
    Is this the right one ? ;-)

Yep,

That is the version I am currently editing to handle Mice better. It is grabbing the HID descriptor data, parsing it to know where fields are and their sizes... And now starting to use that information.
    Still WIP - https://github.com/KurtE/USBHost_t36...se-Rabbit-Hole

Hello, i found that

the DMASPI library doesn't compile well with newer arduino/teensy loader , with T3.5/3.6 and I guessevery setting.
    the library was from
    i tried 1.81/1.82/1.83/1.84 with 1.37/1.38 teensyloader
    the empty sketch with "#include <DmaSpi.h>"
    gets error like below
    Code:

In file included from C:\Users\PoTing\Documents\Arduino\sketch_aug31a\sketch_aug31a.ino:1:0:

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:575:48: error: 'SPI1Class' was not declared in this scope

class DmaSpi1 : public AbstractDmaSpi<DmaSpi1, SPI1Class, SPI1>

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:575:63: error: template argument 2 is invalid

class DmaSpi1 : public AbstractDmaSpi<DmaSpi1, SPI1Class, SPI1>

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:575:63: note: invalid template non-type parameter

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h: In static member function 'static void DmaSpi1::begin_setup_txChannel_impl()':

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:580:16: error: 'txChannel_' was not declared in this scope

txChannel_()->disable();

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h: In static member function 'static void DmaSpi1::begin_setup_rxChannel_impl()':

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:588:16: error: 'rxChannel_' was not declared in this scope

rxChannel_()->disable();

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:592:35: error: 'rxIsr_' was not declared in this scope

rxChannel_()->attachInterrupt(rxIsr_);

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h: In static member function 'static void DmaSpi1::post_cs_impl()':

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:604:16: error: 'rxChannel_' was not declared in this scope

rxChannel_()->enable();

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:605:16: error: 'txChannel_' was not declared in this scope

txChannel_()->enable();

^
    my last success of using the DMASPI library is with Arduino1.80 and Teensy 1.34

Yes - With the last few releases of Teensyduino, the SPI class is one class with multiple instances instead of different classes.

I had it working a long time on my machine and forgot to push a Pull request...
    https://github.com/crteensy/DmaSpi/pull/23

Note: What I had on my machine had a second example which is copy of first but set for SPI1... Not necessary. but...

You can see the version with changes up at: https://github.com/kurte/DmaSpi/tree/SPI-One-Class