Administrator
Staff member
Teensyduino 1.38 has been released.

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

These changes were made after the last beta:

Symbol table and disassembly listing are placed in temp build folder
Fix audio memory usage stats when more than 255 blocks allocated
Fix USB audio transmit with null data
Audio library support for external delay with CY15B104 (FrankB)

I'm having trouble with the Raspberry Pi used to build for Linux ARM. Looking for Raspberry Pi feedback...

@Paul - I have been running into some interesting types of errors, not sure if related to latest Arduino or latest Teensyduino...

That is sometimes when I do a build (not sure if only verify or also with upload).
The build will complete, but then fail at the end like:

Code:
Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), TD: 1.38, Board: "Teensy 3.6, Serial, 180 MHz, Faster, US English"

d:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\tools\arm\bin\../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ar.exe: unable to rename 'C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766/core/core.a'; reason: File exists

Multiple libraries were found for "USBHost_t36.h"
 Used: C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36
 Not used: D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\USBHost_t36
Using library USBHost_t36 at version 0.1 in folder: C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36 
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.

And if I try to build again, it gets even stranger errors:
Code:
Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), TD: 1.38, Board: "Teensy 3.6, Serial, 180 MHz, Faster, US English"

Linking everything together...
"D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc" -O2 -Wl,--gc-sections,--relax,--defsym=__rtc_localtime=1503989929 "-TD:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/mk66fx1m0.ld" -lstdc++  -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -fsingle-precision-constant -o "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766/xxx.ino.elf" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\sketch\xxx.ino.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\enumeration.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\hub.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\keyboard.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\memory.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\midi.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\mouse.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\print.cpp.o" "C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766/core\core.a" "-LC:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766" -larm_cortexM4lf_math -lm
C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o: In function `usb_serial_class::write(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/usb_serial.h:95: undefined reference to `usb_serial_write'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o: In function `Print::print(unsigned long)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Print.h:68: undefined reference to `Print::printNumber(unsigned long, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o: In function `usb_serial_class::write(unsigned char const*, unsigned int)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/usb_serial.h:95: undefined reference to `usb_serial_write'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o: In function `Print::print(unsigned long, int)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Print.h:74: undefined reference to `Print::printNumber(unsigned long, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\ehci.cpp.o: In function `Print::print(unsigned long, int)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/Print.h:70: undefined reference to `Print::printNumber(unsigned long, unsigned char, unsigned char)'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\print.cpp.o: In function `usb_serial_class::write(unsigned char)':

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/usb_serial.h:94: undefined reference to `usb_serial_putchar'

D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3/usb_serial.h:94: undefined reference to `usb_serial_putchar'

C:\Users\kurte\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_229766\libraries\USBHost_t36\print.cpp.o: In function `USBHost::print_hexbytes(void const*, unsigned long)':

C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36/print.cpp:184: undefined reference to `Serial'

C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36/print.cpp:184: undefined reference to `Print::println()'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Multiple libraries were found for "USBHost_t36.h"
 Used: C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36
 Not used: D:\arduino-1.8.4\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\USBHost_t36
Using library USBHost_t36 at version 0.1 in folder: C:\Users\kurte\Documents\Arduino\libraries\USBHost_t36 
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.
Note: there were lots and lots of the same errors.... Edited down so not so big!

I exited Arduino IDE, cleaned out the temp folder of Arduino build and cache... Tried again and it failed like first one... File existed...

So I then reran the install for the last Beta install and then tried building code again and it worked... Will try reinstalling latest released again (tried this yesterday and it worked).

But maybe it was also due to using the integration of TyCommander...

Hello, i found that

the DMASPI library doesn't compile well with newer arduino/teensy loader , with T3.5/3.6 and I guessevery setting.
the library was from

i tried 1.81/1.82/1.83/1.84 with 1.37/1.38 teensyloader
the empty sketch with "#include <DmaSpi.h>"
gets error like below
Code:
In file included from C:\Users\PoTing\Documents\Arduino\sketch_aug31a\sketch_aug31a.ino:1:0:

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:575:48: error: 'SPI1Class' was not declared in this scope

class DmaSpi1 : public AbstractDmaSpi<DmaSpi1, SPI1Class, SPI1>

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:575:63: error: template argument 2 is invalid

class DmaSpi1 : public AbstractDmaSpi<DmaSpi1, SPI1Class, SPI1>

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:575:63: note: invalid template non-type parameter

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h: In static member function 'static void DmaSpi1::begin_setup_txChannel_impl()':

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:580:16: error: 'txChannel_' was not declared in this scope

txChannel_()->disable();

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h: In static member function 'static void DmaSpi1::begin_setup_rxChannel_impl()':

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:588:16: error: 'rxChannel_' was not declared in this scope

rxChannel_()->disable();

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:592:35: error: 'rxIsr_' was not declared in this scope

rxChannel_()->attachInterrupt(rxIsr_);

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h: In static member function 'static void DmaSpi1::post_cs_impl()':

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:604:16: error: 'rxChannel_' was not declared in this scope

rxChannel_()->enable();

^

G:\arduino-1.8.4\libraries\DmaSpi/DmaSpi.h:605:16: error: 'txChannel_' was not declared in this scope

txChannel_()->enable();

^

my last success of using the DMASPI library is with Arduino1.80 and Teensy 1.34

Yes - With the last few releases of Teensyduino, the SPI class is one class with multiple instances instead of different classes.

I had it working a long time on my machine and forgot to push a Pull request...
https://github.com/crteensy/DmaSpi/pull/23

Note: What I had on my machine had a second example which is copy of first but set for SPI1... Not necessary. but...

You can see the version with changes up at: https://github.com/kurte/DmaSpi/tree/SPI-One-Class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back