Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Commodore C64 Emulation on a Teensy 3.6 Microcontroller

Hi,
    I don't know.. it really should work without problems. Have you tried to remove the normal SD library ? At least this should work.

For comparison, my output is:
    Code:
    Bibliothek Teensy64_new im Ordner: C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Teensy64_new (legacy) wird verwendet
    Bibliothek SdFat-master in Version 1.0.3 im Ordner: C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Arduino\libraries\SdFat-master  wird verwendet
    Bibliothek SPI in Version 1.0 im Ordner: C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SPI  wird verwendet
    Bibliothek Audio in Version 1.3 im Ordner: C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio  wird verwendet
    Bibliothek SerialFlash in Version 0.5 im Ordner: C:\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SerialFlash  wird verwendet
    Bibliothek reSID im Ordner: C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Arduino\libraries\reSID (legacy) wird verwendet
    No mention of SD

Seems that I have to fork the Audio-lib and add it to the emu-code to get rid of the includes of sd.h

ron2way: I've decided to make my own audio-library for the emu. It will only have a copy of the needed audio-dac, without references to SerialFlash, Wire, or SD.
    Please wait a few days - I want to add some other things before I start with that. I hope that I can do it next weekend.
    I addition, it will completely remove other teensyduino-core things that slow down the emu unnecessarily.

Then, i've noticed that fastloaders do not work with IEC. That's the next important thing on my list.. I hope I can solve that...

Latest update to version 08 is on GitHub now:

+ VGA (work in progress)
    + PS/2 Keyboards (optional)
    + Remove teensy Audio-Library - just copied the output_dac.* files from the official lib
    - removed "SD.h" from lib, there shouldn't be any conflicts anymore.
    + minor impovements

Please take a look at settings.h to configure.

I have a fastloader (jiffydos-like) partially working - that means the timing must be close to OK.

LOL... is anybody interested in this and this project ? I'm talking with myself...
    Maybe it's better to stop and spend time more meaningfully?

Compiling Solved!

At last a successful compile after downloading your changes. Compiled on a linux64 but had to use a win7 machine to load the hex file to the teensy.

Update:

- "Bruce Lee" works now. Challenge finished. Sorry guys
    - Fastloader "Jiffydos" works

I want to make it a bit nicer, update follows today. My workaround to make fastloaders work - which need a very exact timing was to disable the screenrendering during loading.

@ron2way: great !
    Last edited by Frank B; 10-08-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Anybody interested in a VGA Version ?
    My preliminary board looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-10-10 22.27.25.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	11745
    Because the demand is very small, I ask before continuing and will only finalize the final board if there is demand for the VGA version.
    Edit: It has a easy to solder SMD IC ("SOIC") for 3V<->5V conversion on the backside. The board can be used for other projects, too. Perhaps the 5V bidirectional pins are useful ?
    Last edited by Frank B; 10-11-2017 at 10:40 PM.

I will purchase one.

I am also interested, any options to pre-order at this time? Please let me know if I can pre-order.

I'm interested in a vga version too..

Ok..:-)

I'm almost through with testing the preliminary board - so far, everything works (with additional diode as protection). 20x Fastloading with Jiffydos + SD2IEC seems to work, too (but a bit more testing is required).
    ( I don't know any other emulator that can do this with real hardware.. are there any ? I'd like to know..)
    Screen-refresh + Sound is disabled during IEC access (would be a little too much work for teensy..)

Just played one of my old fav games, "Bruce Lee" on this board + 22'' display.

TBD:
    - fix board, order... takes some time :-(
    - add code for correct right- and left borders on VGA

I'm going to order a cheap VGA->TV converter too, for testing.
    Last edited by Frank B; 10-12-2017 at 09:39 PM.

For Jiffydos: You need the Jiffydos kernal eprom-file for the C64. Convert it with a tool like "bin2h.exe" to a c-header file, take the output and insert into "roms.cpp" as "const unsigned char rom_kernal[8192]="
    You might want to leave the original as is and use "#ifdef" to switch between both versions.

Later, I'll add a menusystem to the emulator which can select the desired ROMs and other things.