Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: [posted] Commodore C64 Emulation on a Teensy 3.6 Microcontroller

Impressive work! This really shows off what the Teensy is capable of.

I also noticed when I look at the code, that your CPU core is based on the 6502 emu I wrote some years back. Nice to see it making the rounds.

I've made a 3d printed case for the Teensy64 and added a battery, usb charger, amplifier and speaker. It's basically a mobile c64 now, which explains this SX64-II on the case.

I'm happy to add the STL / Fusion 360 files to the repo if wanted.

Attachment 13729
    Attachment 13730
    I am also thinking to made one. Just gathering basic stuff now.

BUILD doc sheets

Here is a zipped set of build notes from Frank_B as DOC files : FrankB_C64.zip

Hi gang! I am going to do a presentation on the Teensy64 at the Commodore Retro eXpo (CRX) event in a couple of weeks. See: www.crxevent.com

Has there been any progress made on making this NTSC compatible? That is a huge issue for us in the U.S. as basically none of the U.S. games work in PAL mode.

Also, I see that J-M made a neat addition with the virtual keyboard, but his github reports as being 3 commits ahead. Is there an executable of the latest build?

Thanks!

Jim

Did someone test the touch screen support code on the real Teensy64 hardware?
    https://github.com/Jean-MarcHarvengt/Teensy64

In the meanwhile, I ported few other game console emulators (on my modified pinout!) but it should not be too difficult to have them running on the Teensy64 hardware board
    https://github.com/Jean-MarcHarvengt/TeensyCEC

Hi, has anybody a leftover Teesy64 (LCD) Version for sale ? I tried to retrieve one from Frank, but he didn't answer for months ...

Hello, everybody,
    I (really) needed a long, relaxing break.

I still have some circuit boards, but I think that due to the customs duties only the shipping within Europe makes sense.

With time I will surely finish long announced c64-updates (esp. VIC)

Please excuse my long, unannounced absence.

@Retro_Peter, bitte sende mir eine Mail.

If there are open questions about this other of my projects or libraries, please don't hesitate to ask again.

Edit: I've disabled the PMs, so please use eMail (there's a link in my profile)
    Last edited by Frank B; 09-17-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Hm trying to compile with Arduino 1.8.7 and Teensyduino 1.44 shows this Error(?) (or warning?) :
    Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Teensy6 4_new\Teensy64.cpp

...trying to find the reason (Is anyone familiar with this message?)

>Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Teensy6 4_new\Teensy64.cpp

Is it just a typo? "\Teensy6 4_new\" has an extra space in it.

Quote Originally Posted by itec View Post
    >Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Users\Frank\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Teensy6 4_new\Teensy64.cpp

Is it just a typo? "\Teensy6 4_new\" has an extra space in it.
    That 'space insertion' shows regularly on Forum posted paths for some reason

@FrankB - there was some change in Library parsing or limiting of old libraries that resulted in some errors. It was one of the fixes just put in the IDE - it may be catching something in the C64 build? Paul pointed to the 'arduino_debug.exe' versus starting 'arduino.exe' that might shows some added feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by defragster View Post
    That 'space insertion' shows regularly on Forum posted paths for some reason

@FrankB - there was some change in Library parsing or limiting of old libraries that resulted in some errors. It was one of the fixes just put in the IDE - it may be catching something in the C64 build? Paul pointed to the 'arduino_debug.exe' versus starting 'arduino.exe' that might shows some added feedback?
    Indeed, the additional space was inserted by vBulletin.
    arduino_debug.exe shows no additional output.
    Well, it seems to work, so it might be a warning - but, funny is, I'm the only one who gets this message. Google knows nothing, and shows this thread only...

At least it builds and works.
    Would have been nice to see added info from _debug. Here is the recent thread where that was noted with regard to the library issue that came up.

I'm yet to finish the little box for my Teensy64 (with LCD), but the other day I got this thing from a fellow C64 nerd Just as an inspiration of what can be done. An original casing and with Raspberry Pi as a central unit, Arduino (for the built in emulator menu and operating system) and a keyboard/joystick interface board etc. I guess the same thing could be done with the VGA version of Teensy64 - even though the small size really should be taken in consideration and be used as an advantage (not put inside a big and bulky C64 case ).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43951743_1905634112860524_2788013389530529792_n.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	15056Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43828618_1905634172860518_4920567301712904192_n.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	15057

Awesome. My second computer was a C-64. First was a Vic-20. Miss the old thing at times this is something I am interested in ..

@zonkt: wow this is awesome. can you post more pictures?

@all: The T3.36 has not headroom for significant improvements regarding the VIC and other low-level things. I tried, but wasn't successful. There is a slight chance when we overclock to 256MHz- but we will soon reach new limits.
    Currently, my plan is a transition to the comming T4 which will be _much_faster and has more ram. Maybe we can use a better display, too.
    My plan is a board that supports other emulators, too, or maybe has small joysticks on board, and a small speaker and allow headphones.

pocket sized N64 with Super Smash Bros!