Teensyduino 1.39 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMASPI was updated and tested on a T3.6 (SPI0 and SPI1). Thank you for creating a common base for the SPIs, Paul!

I just tried to use SPI1 on a teensy 3.2. The compile failed with "SPI1 was not declared in this scope". If I compile as a Teensy 3.6, 3.5, or LC the compile completes. The compile fails on teensy 3.0 and 3.2/3.1. Doesn't the 3.2 have the second SPI hardware?

I just tried to use SPI1 on a teensy 3.2. The compile failed with "SPI1 was not declared in this scope". If I compile as a Teensy 3.6, 3.5, or LC the compile completes. The compile fails on teensy 3.0 and 3.2/3.1. Doesn't the 3.2 have the second SPI hardware?

No, the Teensy 3.1/3.2 only has 1 SPI bus. The LC has 2 SPI buses and the 3.5/3.6 have 3 SPI buses. Note, on the 3.5/3.6, only the first SPI is buffered, which means you might want to put high speed devices only on the first bus.

On the LC/3.5/3.6, the standard 2nd SPI bus uses pin 0 for MOSI1 (pin 21/A7 is the alternate MOSI1) and pin 1 for MISO1 (pin 5 is the alternate MISO1).

The MISO2/MOSI2 pins are on solder pads underneath the Teensy 3.5/3.6.

As far as I know the T3.2 does not have a second SPI port. If you look at the card that comes with the board you will notice that the SPI pins (11, 12, 13) are simply marked as DIN/DOUT/SCK...

Where as on for example on the T3.5 they are marked as MOSI0, MISO0, SCK0. Note: the naming of the pins sort of changed from DOUT->MOSI (Data Out --- Master Out Slave IN)
DIN->MISO (Data In --- Master In Slave Out)

Know 1.40 is out but I just downloaded the lastest fastLED library and it threw an error for the T3.5 (see below). I deleted it and used the one downloaded with TD1.39 and it worked fine again. Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Code:
In file included from C:\Users\CyberPalin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:51:0,

from C:\Users\CyberPalin\Documents\Arduino\TeensyOpenMV2\TeensyOpenMV2.ino:10:

C:\Users\CyberPalin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/fastpin.h: In instantiation of 'class FastPin<31u>':

C:\Users\CyberPalin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/platforms/avr/clockless_trinket.h:96:49:   required from 'class ClocklessController<31u, 39, 39, 77, (EOrder)10u, 0, false, 10>'

C:\Users\CyberPalin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/chipsets.h:460:7:   required from 'class WS2811Controller800Khz<31u, (EOrder)10u>'

C:\Users\CyberPalin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:110:52:   required from 'class WS2811<31u, (EOrder)10u>'

C:\Users\CyberPalin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:297:39:   required from 'static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int) [with CHIPSET = WS2811; unsigned char DATA_PIN = 31u; EOrder RGB_ORDER = (EOrder)10u]'

C:\Users\CyberPalin\Documents\Arduino\TeensyOpenMV2\TeensyOpenMV2.ino:98:56:   required from here

C:\Users\CyberPalin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/fastpin.h:206:2: error: static assertion failed: Invalid pin specified

static_assert(validpin(), "Invalid pin specified");

^

Know 1.40 is out but I just downloaded the lastest fastLED library and it threw an error for the T3.5 (see below).

I tried just now, but I was unable to reproduce the problem. Since I don't have TeensyOpenMV2.ino, I opened FastLED's DemoReel100 example. I selected Teensy 3.5 and left all the settings at their defaults.

Here's a screenshot, using Arduino 1.8.5 and Teensyduino 1.40-beta2.

sc.png

Thanks for checking Paul. I had two copies of FastLED, one in my Arduino Lib folder and one in the Teensy libraries that I downloaded with TD. The revision of both (library.properties) is at 3.1.6. Then I get the message (with both installed):
Code:
Multiple libraries were found for "FastLED.h"
 Used: C:\Users\CyberPalin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED
 Not used: C:\Local Programs\arduino-1.8.5\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.5.

When I deleted the copy in the Arduino libraries folder it worked fine. Not sure why this would happen. But anyway, TeensyOpenMV is too big to send so I copied the FastLED stuff from it to its own sketch and was able to reproduce the problem (using 1.85/1.40 now) if I had the two libs installed since it only uses one or the other.

Just by way of an update the version that I downloaded via the library manager in the IDE is the problem. The version that is part of the TD works fine. (Just tested as I was writing this).

Code:
#include <FastLED.h>

Thanks
Mike

//Malek Systems RGB LED WS2812B
#define DATA_PIN 31
#define NUM_LEDS 8
#define BRIGHTNESS  64
CRGB leds[NUM_LEDS];

void setup() {
  //LED Setup
  delay(2000);
  FastLED.addLeds<WS2811, DATA_PIN, RGB>(leds, NUM_LEDS);
  FastLED.setBrightness(  BRIGHTNESS );

for(int whiteLed = 0; whiteLed < NUM_LEDS; whiteLed = whiteLed + 1) {
    // Turn our current led on to white, then show the leds
    leds[whiteLed] = CRGB::White;
    // Show the leds (only one of which is set to white, from above)
  }
  FastLED.show();

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back