Teensy program and libraries to Olimex or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk12

Has someone transferred Teensy programs and libraries into something that can be modified and manufactured in large scale?
One example is Olimex, who share eagle files and some example software.

I wonder how easy and possible it is to use Teensy libraries in a product like STM32-H405?
Prototyping is easier in Teensy, but producing something is more complicated, since JTAG/SWD pads aren't exposed (?).

I guess you could use reference board 3.2 but then again, if I develop on Teensy 3.5, it's not the same, and I need to change the layout to expose JTAG/SWD?

If you are going to produce in quantities you will be designing and fabbing your own boards anyway, so you can expose all the signals you want to. You can add the bootloader chip to the first batch so your product is reprogrammable in the field, or make a 'programming stick' with the bootloader chip that you only connect to your product during reprogramming. You can even request MKXX chips at Freescale that have your program already loaded by default.

There is a T_3.6 reference board published: Teensy 3.6 DIY Reference Board

That specifies the T_3.6 - but I expect it should note common shared used with the T_3.5 - the exception being the USB HOST pins and support hardware won't be needed as it doesn't have the USB host on the MCU - just as the T_3.5 ships on the same 4 layer PCB as the T_3.6?

Paul: please correct or update as needed.

There is a T_3.6 reference board published: Teensy 3.6 DIY Reference Board

That specifies the T_3.6 - but I expect it should note common shared used with the T_3.5 - the exception being the USB HOST pins and support hardware won't be needed as it doesn't have the USB host on the MCU - just as the T_3.5 ships on the same 4 layer PCB as the T_3.6?

Paul: please correct or update as needed.

Its the gerber files. How about schematics and board layout as editable PCB file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back