New Teensy LC Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a new Teensy LC, which arrived today. I was testing to see if it worked, plugged it into my computer and the light was flashing as it should, but when I pressed the reset button, so that I could upload new code (an example Blink script), everything stopped working. My computer no longer recognized the Teensy, and acted as though nothing was connected to the micro usb. I know that the usb cable isn't power only, because I am able to transfer files in between my phone and computer using it. I tried restarting my computer several times, and it still won't recognize the Teensy. I'm not sure what else to try.

Did you follow the initial steps? The Loader will change the image and button icons based on seeing the a Teensy in program mode. What OS is in use? Unplug the T_LC - wait 10+ seconds with loader open. Plug in the T_LC, wait a bit again yo see if the OS is doing anything. Then press the program button and see if the Loader image and GUI updates. Open and look at menu item "Help / Verbose info" for any signs of connection.

I'm on Windows 10. After I plug it in, nothing in the loader updates, nor does anything happen in the verbose info. I really appreciate the help btw!

So at the moment your PC doesn't beep or otherwise acknowledge the presence of a new USB device?
A possible check which I think you have already done is with LC unplugged compile blink for LC and attempt to program, will fail but get hex files in place, plug LC in while holding the program button in and if all goes well then you release the button it should contact the loader program and get the last hex file.
If that's not working a check of the 5V and 3.3V power terminals on the LC may point to something amiss.

What should be happening when you press program is that the second CPU on the board takes over the main unit and loads a bootloader to RAM which in turn looks for the teensy loader program on the PC for the current hex file. So as long as there is nothing electrically wrong it is supposed to be pretty hard to brick a teensy.

Yeah the holding and plugging in doesn't work either. And I checked the 5V and 3.3V terminals and they are both powered correctly, so Im not exactly sure whats happening.

With Win 10 it won't need a driver install to see it. Did you try a machine restart? and then plug in cable in a different port with button pressed until a couple seconds after plugging it in.

So when plugged in normally the light still blinks as it has never been programmed? And nothing ever shows up on Teensy.exe :: "Help / Verbose info" ?

No the light stopped blinking the first time I plugged it in, as well as the teensy being recognized by my computer, it stopped and has yet to blink again since I hit the button.

No the light stopped blinking the first time I plugged it in, as well as the teensy being recognized by my computer, it stopped and has yet to blink again since I hit the button.

Not good. if you haven't ever programmed it, the blink program should still work whenever power is applied.
maybe post photos of both sides of board to confirm the pedigree.

Doesn't whatever's on it get erased if you press the button while plugged in? (I don't know I've only ever worked with arduino) At this point i'm probably gonna return it and get a new one.

Nothing gets erased until the programming process starts with external direction. But due to the onboard/external programming processor holding the bootloader and running the process - even then it will take code when tried again.

I have exactly some problem on both of my Teensy_LC !!!

Please explain what is seen and details on what is actually happening and how it is set up. Notes above are unclear as to where the problem is.

Unless the computer is prepared to upload with a valid data cable - pressing the button on a Teensy will stop the running code { blinking or other will stop } awaiting an upload from TeensyLoader.

It will return to running the prior code - it is not erased - when the Teensy is repowered.

When i plug-in T_LC for first time everything work ,but after i tried to upload hex.fille. Computer no longer recognize Teensy and act like nothing is connected. I try your advices on forum but nothing help so i buy a new one and guess what, happend exactly same thing.

Will it upload again with a button press with IDE open and TeensyLoader active? That puts the Teensy into a recognized USB state.

If it is running code without Serial USB built in ( on the Tools Menu USB Type ) - or the sketch is crashing the USB won't be active to respond to commands from the PC to upload.

If it works with button, then the cable is good and the Teensy is functional, and just needs to have USB Active code running - try a simple blink

Try the code and steps in this post: Can-t-communicate-with-Teensy

Bez názvu.jpg
Press button open IDE and TennsyLoader ->nothing . I cannot change USB Type IDE did not recognize Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back