New Teensy LC Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shows an UNO selected as Tools\ \Board - there should be an entry there for your Teensy if TeensDuino was installed on that copy of the IDE. ANd Help About screen should show the version in the upper right corner.

Without the Teensy selected the other USB option won't be right.

Bez názvu.jpg
IT looks like this there is no Teensy in Boards.

The Teensy will only show up in the boards menu after the Teensyduino plugin (Download on the PJRC website) has been installed over the Arduino IDE. https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html
To achieve this, you should update your Arduino IDE first. Your screenshot shows the horribly old and outdated version 1.0.6 while the current release is 1.8.9...

Arduino didn't recognize Teensy_LC as plug-in device so i will not show correct board, if i understand it correctly.

Not seeing Teensy in the Boards menu means Teensyduino is not installed.

This is *NOT* depend on Teensy connected to your PC. The appearance of Teensy in the Boards menu only requires files on your computer. No USB activity or connection is need for the Boards menu to show Teensy.

View attachment 16554
I download Teensyduino but still nothing.

2 possible problems.

1: Quit Arduino while the installer is running. The menu only changes after you run Arduino again.

2: You may have more than 1 copy of Arduino on your computer. If the installer modifies a different copy that you are actually using, then of course you will see no effect.

When you plug the Teensy into USB, if it is a brand new board (still has the original LED blink program) it should blink when it gets power.

When you press the button on Teensy, the blinking should stop.

Do these 2 tests first, to at least confirm your Teensy is receiving power and the pushbutton works.

The most common problem where your computer does not detect Teensy is using a charge-only cable. These cables are very common. They have only the 2 power wires for charging, but no data wires at all.

I also see you have Teensy Loader 1.40. Quit Teensy Loader. Then click Verify in Arduino. When your code compiles, Arduino will run Teensy Loader automatically. That one should be version 1.46, matching the version of Teensyduino you installed.

how you check it on your phone, charging? thats not data... try to transfer something from memory card of phone to pc or change the cable, charging is not a response to a dataless connection

Every brand new (never before programmed) Teensy should blink its orange LED. Only power is required. No USB communication is needed for the LED to blink.

Time to measure the DC voltage between the 5V and GND pins, to make sure the board really is getting power.

Without understanding what's gone wrong, hard to say whether replacing the board would help, or just do the exact same thing.

Are you sure this really is a brand new, never before written Teensy LC? Every one gets the LED blink programmed during testing, so it really should blink if it's just a brand new board with power applied and nothing other than the USB cable connected.

can you post a photo of your LC? front and back. Are headers soldered?

Last edited:
I'm sure. Both Teensy are order from your shop and shipped from US. I paid 110$ for each. No doubt it was programmed. When i first plug-in teensy it blink perfectly but after about 1 minute stop blinking and didn't blink ever since. That happed on BOTH OF THEM.

Do you have a volt meter? If so can you measure the voltage coming into the board from USB? VIN(or VUSB) to GND... i.e to both verify that you are getting power and something is not screwed up with the voltage coming into it...

Also helps to mention things like you are running Windows (from photo), 10?

Is this a brand new unchanged board? Or did you do something like solder on headers? If you have soldered something on, double check for shorts...

I would also suggest a much more modern version of Arduino! I believe you are using Arduino 1.0.6? Try installing 1.8.9 (Current version) You don't necessarily have to overwrite your 1.0.6, you can download teh windows zip version, and unzip it to a different folder. In my case I unzip into root of d: driver so I have d:\arduino-1.8.9 ... I use D: on my setup as I have a smaller SSD as c: and a large hard disk d:... But again where here does not mater. Then you can install Teensyduino and point it at which ever directory you unloaded into.

I would then try to install a simple blink program... One of the examples... Sometimes I edit it first to change timing so I know it is running the one I changed.
Then choose board type as: Teensy LC, USB Type: Serial. Choose the verify command. Then hold in the program button on the TLC and plug it into USB. So the board should be forced into program mode... Then if necessary press the program button again. Does the Teensy program show it uploading to the board? Does it blink....

Might check to see if the device shows up as a HID device if you press the program button...

I'm sure. Both Teensy are order from your shop and shipped from US. I paid 110$ for each. No doubt it was programmed. When i first plug-in teensy it blink perfectly but after about 1 minute stop blinking and didn't blink ever since. That happed on BOTH OF THEM.

Strange. Any chance naked LC with power applied touched conductive surface (metal table, etc.)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back