MK20DX256VLH7 out of stock EVERYWHERE??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to use MK64FX512VMD12 , but I never can find any of those in stock either. AVNET, MOUSER, DIGIKEY only seem to keep a few hundred in USA if they are in stock, and are $8 per 1000qty, not $4.45. Where are you sourcing? I would gladly jump today!

It's extremely unlikely Teensy 3.2 stock will run out. When we saw lead times starting to increase earlier this year, PJRC purchased of extra to cover exactly this sort of situation.

Where are you sourcing? I would gladly jump today!

I wrote “4.45$ or 22.5% more”. That was comparing the PJRC retail prices, 24.25$ for the T3.5 vs 19.80$ for the T3.2.

Why should I buy elsewhere after Paul has done all the development work and software support?

Is it another ~1$ (*) for the pinned 20+ mm version Paul published the 2 layer OSH Reference board for?

Quick scan at the other listed part #MK22FN256VLH12 dropped 16KB RAM and a couple bus parts so rework in software would be more than shifting to the PJRC supported T_3.5 MCU if the added I/O and RAM,FPU,RTC onboard,(...) was worth the extra $ and board space.

(*) did a quick look at digikey single pricing ~$7 versus ~$13

Another thought could be switching over your T3.2 based projects to the Teensy 3.5 which has for only 4.45$ or 22.5% more, ways more speed, memory, an FPU and more integrated peripherals. Thus it is basically even cheaper, seen the improved hardware which you get for your money. Sounds like a good plan B, doesn’t it?
On a few builds I've done, the extra 1" of the 3.5/3.6 overflows the PCB/breadboard, and so I stay with the LC/3.2. Other people might notice that the 3.5 doesn't have touch sensors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back