Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: set teensy 3.1 clock at 2 mega hertz!!!!!

set teensy 3.1 clock at 2 mega hertz!!!!!

help me PLZ...I set my teensy 3.1 clock at 2 mega hertz (NO USB) and usb port become disable... Now how can i reconfigure the board and load a program on the board.

just set it higher and press the button to upload.

I do this BUT it doesnt work... loader does not recognize the board

My guess is a counterfeit board. What color is the LED? Can you post a photo of the board?

thank you for reply paul. led color is blue. i attach image to messageClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170925_204645.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	11616
    Last edited by majid; 09-25-2017 at 05:21 PM.

i only attach 32.768Khz crystal to the board but i don't configure the board for use it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170925_205830.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	11618
    Last edited by majid; 09-25-2017 at 05:31 PM.

That's definitely a counterfeit board.

I highly recommend contacting your bank (if you paid with credit card) or Paypal to start a dispute. They will almost always return your money if you purchased within 90 days (or 6 months with Paypal).

After you get your money back, if the seller is on a site like ebay, give negative feedback to help warn others they are selling counterfeit products.

thank u paul for guidance

In case anyone's wondering, PJRC is absolutely *not* going to pull a FTDI-style move to intentionally brick counterfeit boards.

I am going to write some code to detect these boards. Future Teensy Loader versions will show a warning message. I might add something to the linker script to encode the CPU speed setting into the .elf file, and then have Teensy Loader prevent known-to-brick images from being programmed. The absolute last thing I want to do is hurt people who unknowingly purchased a counterfeit product.

But I have no hesitation to make the warning dialog annoying. I probably will make it pop up every time code is uploaded. If I'm feeling nice, I might go to the extra effort to make it non-modal. Maybe...

My main goal with counterfeits is to make everyone who purchased one aware they didn't get a real, genuine Teensy and especially to convince them to complain to the seller for a refund, or start a dispute through their bank or Paypal if the seller won't cooperate. Paypal and virtually all banks will return people's money when presented with evidence the merchant sold a counterfeit product.

These counterfeits do appear to have many problems. They don't respond to the button hold recovery procedure while plugging in the cable. Counterfeits almost certainly are responsible for many of the threads we've seen over the last few months where people had strange uploading issues which don't happen with genuine boards. I need to be much better at making sure people who unwittingly buy these counterfeits can find out they don't have a genuine Teensy.
    Last edited by PaulStoffregen; 09-25-2017 at 07:03 PM.

This has me thinking about the board I recently bought. I bought it through amazon here. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Is this genuine?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tofuman View Post
    Is this genuine?
    If they really did get it from Adafruit, then yes. Adafruit is on the good list.

If they merely copied the photos from Adafruit's website and lied about where they got it, then probably not.

Wow! I'm from europe and I buy my teensys from Diigiit robotics. Every single board was working perfectly. And yes i saw all have an orange led