set teensy 3.1 clock at 2 mega hertz!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majid

help me PLZ...I set my teensy 3.1 clock at 2 mega hertz (NO USB) and usb port become disable... Now how can i reconfigure the board and load a program on the board.

thank you for reply paul. led color is blue. i attach image to message IMG_20170925_204645.jpg

Last edited:
i only attach 32.768Khz crystal to the board but i don't configure the board for use it.IMG_20170925_205830.jpg

Last edited:
That's definitely a counterfeit board.

I highly recommend contacting your bank (if you paid with credit card) or Paypal to start a dispute. They will almost always return your money if you purchased within 90 days (or 6 months with Paypal).

After you get your money back, if the seller is on a site like ebay, give negative feedback to help warn others they are selling counterfeit products.

In case anyone's wondering, PJRC is absolutely *not* going to pull a FTDI-style move to intentionally brick counterfeit boards.

I am going to write some code to detect these boards. Future Teensy Loader versions will show a warning message. I might add something to the linker script to encode the CPU speed setting into the .elf file, and then have Teensy Loader prevent known-to-brick images from being programmed. The absolute last thing I want to do is hurt people who unknowingly purchased a counterfeit product.

But I have no hesitation to make the warning dialog annoying. ;) I probably will make it pop up every time code is uploaded. If I'm feeling nice, I might go to the extra effort to make it non-modal. Maybe...

My main goal with counterfeits is to make everyone who purchased one aware they didn't get a real, genuine Teensy and especially to convince them to complain to the seller for a refund, or start a dispute through their bank or Paypal if the seller won't cooperate. Paypal and virtually all banks will return people's money when presented with evidence the merchant sold a counterfeit product.

These counterfeits do appear to have many problems. They don't respond to the button hold recovery procedure while plugging in the cable. Counterfeits almost certainly are responsible for many of the threads we've seen over the last few months where people had strange uploading issues which don't happen with genuine boards. I need to be much better at making sure people who unwittingly buy these counterfeits can find out they don't have a genuine Teensy.

Last edited:
Wow! I'm from europe and I buy my teensys from Diigiit robotics. Every single board was working perfectly. And yes i saw all have an orange led :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back