Is this flash memory chip compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commands look pretty similar to those in the driver hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SerialFlash/SerialFlashChip.cpp
You would need to add code to the driver to accommodate the ID and specific command variations. I didn't look at the pin compatibility.

Commands look pretty similar to those in the driver hardware/teensy/avr/libraries/SerialFlash/SerialFlashChip.cpp
You would need to add code to the driver to accommodate the ID and specific command variations. I didn't look at the pin compatibility.

I guess it is worth trying it out, I'm having trouble sourcing the W25Q128FV in the UK and the IS25LP128 is £1.60 a piece on Mouser

Edit: pretty sure it is pin for pin compatible, I've found another package as well which looks like it has the same footprint, so I guess it is generic?

Did you have any luck with the IS25LP128? The W25Q128FV seems to be discontinued. Even DigiKey here in the US is showing it as such (and has no stock).

I haven't tried yet as I haven't ordered them, but I will be making a Mouser order in the next couple of days and will chuck some in

It appears they are the same except some minor difference in memory interface. W25Q128JVSIM supports SPI - Quad I/O, QPI, DTR and W25Q128JVSIQ supports SPI - Quad I/O. The W25Q128FV only supported SPI. My guess is either would work...I haven't tested though.

I ordered the W25Q128JVSIM and can confirm this chip does indeed work with the Audio Adapter board. I'm able to successfully play raw files from this flash memory chip.

It'd be useful to update the Audio Adapter Board page to reference the W25Q128JV chips since the W25Q128FV ones have been discontinued.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back