Feather Adalogger vs Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebraun

I am contemplating moving my project from the Adafruit Feather M0 Adalogger to the Teensy 3.6. Can anyone tell me if the code that I have written for the Adalogger is going to be usable on the Teensy? My only concern is the function block library for creating, checking, writing, and listing files.

Let's try this again from perhaps a different linguistic angle.
Will I be using the same library functions to manipulate the SD card as is used by the Adalogger? Like me, the Adalogger is quite simple and I am trying hard NOT to create yet another project in my life right now.

David, thanks for the reply. Your response tells me precisely what I need to know. I am indeed using the Arduono SD library functions. I have ordered a pair of 3.6 units and I am quite looking forward to porting this project to the Teensy platform. I am having problems with the one and only Serial1 port on the Adalogger.

I think there's a lot that you'll like about the Teensy line, especially the 3.6. Lots of power and ports, and lots of standard Arduino compatibility... and lots of extra value in the Teensyduino library. (and I'm not getting paid for this endorsement!)

I'll look forward to hearing how you use this!

Last edited:
If you want to do a test run against the 3.6 you can download and install the teensyduino addon
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html
elect board type to T3.6 and see if it compiles. Do note that the onboard SD card slot is not on the base SPI bus so any older bitbanging SPI code will need tweaking, see the comments in the header of the teensyduino SD examples around setting your chip select
const int chipSelect = BUILTIN_SDCARD;

If you already have an SD card setup that works you can also use the normal SPI bus method.

I am building a data logger for a very small public water utility. The logger reads a 0-5VDC residual chlorine signal, filters it, and writes the value to a CSV file daily. The monthly files are retrieved, imported into an Excel spreadsheet and sent to a WA state agency. I have added a battery backed RTC to the system, and an HC-06 Bluetooth interface for configuration and observing real time behaviour. Prototyping is done, all the code is finished, and final software testing is this week as well as board construction. Some much easier and cheaper than the commercial hardware that I used to use as an engineer before I retired. And fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back