Teensy 3.6 ADC channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregolive

Hello, I am new to Teensy and data logging in general, but am interested in using it for a project. For this project, input from about 10 analog sensors (accelerometers and impact sensors) would be fed, ideally at 10kHz, to a Teensy 3.6 using it's 2 ADCs. I have been doing some research, but was unable to find how many channels the ADCs have and am not sure if 10kHz for 10 inputs is reasonable for the 3.6. My other concern is the noise at this sampling rate. If anyone has any information or advice that could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Greg

Hello, I am new to Teensy and data logging in general, but am interested in using it for a project. For this project, input from about 10 analog sensors (accelerometers and impact sensors) would be fed, ideally at 10kHz, to a Teensy 3.6 using it's 2 ADCs. I have been doing some research, but was unable to find how many channels the ADCs have and am not sure if 10kHz for 10 inputs is reasonable for the 3.6. My other concern is the noise at this sampling rate. If anyone has any information or advice that could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Greg

Each of the 2 ADC's can handle sample rates of >800KSPS if you don't mind some noise. Or setting them to averaging for less noise.

Have a look at the pinout card for an idea on ADC channels. There is roughly 10-13 usable channels per ADC depending on what you use. Some are multi-function like ADC and DAC on same pin.

Each of the 2 ADC's can handle sample rates of >800KSPS if you don't mind some noise. Or setting them to averaging for less noise.

Have a look at the pinout card for an idea on ADC channels. There is roughly 10-13 usable channels per ADC depending on what you use. Some are multi-function like ADC and DAC on same pin.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! Do you know if it would be possible to get real time feedback from the Teensy with something like a bluetooth shield?

Not something I could really answer sorry, maybe someone else with experience using them will chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back