has any one ever bricked a teensy through programming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

russdx

I was programming a teensy (custom board with mini tan) via usb using teensy loader as I have done a million times when it just stops rebooting and get an usb error.

Now it is literally bricked. When i reboot it via power cycle I just get the usb error and its not running my program at all. Its like the programming has gone wrong and bricked it self but have never seen this before and iv programming these things a million times.

Any one else had this happen before?

Regards
Russell

It is possible to brick a teensy if you set write protect bits, but it's supposed to be pretty hard to do that. Assuming you meant 'lots' but if you have actually programed it a million times it is possible the flash memory has become corrupt and you have one or more bits of older code mixed in with your latest download with unhelpful results. Does your custom board have the program button, or is it software only?

Not actually a million times but this particular board probably about 500 ish times via teensy loader. Yes this board schemetic is identical to the teensy 2.1 schematic with minitan + programming button.

I might of trird to download whilst it was already downloading? I use visual studio with the visual micro plugin which auto downloads on compile.

Powercyling/pressing that button does nothing the usb just shows up as faulty and my program is not running. It must be damaged at a boot loader level?

Regards
Russell

If the main CPU is working, the bootloader IC should be able to take it over and get the bootloader onto it, if you are up for the chase you can see the links of the bootloader IC store page for the reboot/software write sequence to see if the problem is the bootloader IC not getting the main CPU into the bootloader state, or the main IC not getting USB coms to the PC. Neither will probably help you much here but might point to how to avoid a repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back