Stacking of two Teensies

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMXZ

OK,
I need more processing power for I2S data processing
I'm considering to simply stack one teensy over another.
the two teensy will run different programs on the same I2S data

I assume I cannot simply solder all pins together.
In particular
I assume that all 3.3V output cannot be connected together
SPI and Serial lines, as far as they are used for outside communication should be driven only by one system at a time
Inter Teensy communication using SPI or Serial needs obviously crossing lines
digital pins used for communication can be connected straight, but with SW duality.

in general
There are no analog signals only digital signals
Only one teensy at a time will drive I/O

So big question, are my assumption correct and could it work?

wmxz, good evening
i designed an mcu controller i2c code for teensy/arduino and currently i put that on hold because im working on the SPI version which will be WAY faster

i was accessing 2lcds hammering read/writes at 625,000baudrate (uart) while polling a remote spi chip all off a single i2c bus
the gpios are accessible as well, including the analog channels

maybe its useful to you, perhaps, but its something im definately upgrading to use more features of the mcu

check my other thread

To make this work, one would need to use I2S master mode and the other I2S slave mode.

In master mode, Teensy generates MCLK, BCLK and LRCLK. You don't want to short those together if both are driving the signals. Slave mode would be needed on one board, so it receives the clocks from the other running in master mode. Then both boards could hear the same incoming RX signal, which of course is aligned to BCLK.

Likewise, don't short the TX signals together, no matter which modes are used.

I2S slave mode was recently fixed, so make sure you don't have an older version where I2S slave mode basically didn't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back