Is Paul's SerialFlash library compatible with MT29F2G01ABAGDSF-IT:G ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradroan

I'm working on a project that require's quite a bit of memory, and I was looking at MT29F2G01ABAGDSF-IT:G as it has a 2Gbit capacity. Looking at the tests doc on the github (https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/SerialFlash/blob/master/tests.txt) I see that MT29F2G01ABAGDWB-IT:G is slated to be tested, but that has not been completed yet. So like the title says, does anyone know if MT29F2G01ABAGDSF-IT:G will be compatible with the library? If not, could anyone recommend a reasonably priced flash chip, with a 1-2 Gbit capacity that is compatible? I mention reasonably priced, because I'm looking to produce 1k-2k units, and the micron N25Q00AA13GSF40G is ~$13, and the spansion S70FL01GSAGMFI011 is roughly the same. The MT29F2G01ABAGDSF-IT:G has everything I need, that is if it will work with this library! Thank you for any help or advice you can offer!

Paul, you for the reply, and thank you for writing the library, even if I don't end up getting it to work on these bigger flash chips.

Hello,
For a project I will also need a flash with 8Gbit and the family MT29F (NAND) is easily found on the market.
I analyzed the SerialFlash library (with my basic knowledge) but it seems to me rather oriented for NOR flash rather than NAND.

Is it correct?

Thank you
Pierre

No NAND flash chips have been tested. None of them existed when this library was created.

Perhaps early next year (2020) I may work on SerialFlash again and update it for many newer chips. But with the recent release of Teensy 4.0, I currently have many other much higher priorities. There's only so many hours in every day....

Unless you hear a first hand account from someone who used a NAND chip, or I (eventually) update the library, you can assume no NAND chips will work with SerialFlash.

I too would be interested in replacing SD card with NAND flash to use Audio library as is, mostly on Teensy 3.2, have not migrated to the 4.0 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back