No sound when SD soundfiles are playing (synthesis is ok)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMind

Hi there,

It seems that one of my teensy can't play the sound of a soundfile from an SD card.

Tested :

- The code and sounds is working with another teensy + Audio Adaptor. --> So it's not the code.
EDIT 1 : it's playing the file from the tutorial...

- The teensy is reading the SD, counting the files and playing them. --> so it's not a SD problem.

- The audio adaptor can play synthesis, I've managed to read a noise. --> so it's not the audio out.

Does someone ever had this problem ?

Last edited:
Ok I found the problem, and sorry about this pretty useless thread...

It still could help some people in the future because I realised that the ProTools wav bounces can't be played by the teensy SD system.
You have to convert them before uploading them on the SD because PT doesn't seem to export "classical" wav files.

Have a nice day.

Can you create one of these WAV files with just a short sound clip and upload it here?

I'd like to take a look at its data format, to at least understand why it's not compatible.

Update : it does the same with the exports from Ableton Live...

The solution I found is to import and batch export them from audition.

FWIW, my Sonar platinum DAW software exports WAV files in two formats: RIFF and Microsoft. A year ago, the Teensy audio library at the time would not play the RIFF version, only the Microsoft (both at 44100/16b). What threw me for a loop was that the same SDCARD/files which would play on an AVR board (with an audio driver written personally), would not play on Teensy. But, my own routine did not examine the whole header file. It just accessed offsets in the header where I had determined the size and start offset were stored, and assumed that the files were 44100/16b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back