Teensyduino 1.40 Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding that "Unable to Load Java Runtime Environment" error after install on OSX...I Found Something!

I tried a brute force removal or replacement of modified package files from the bottom up.

The last thing I tried was to only replace the Info.plist file with one from a stock installation, This eliminated the error, allowing the IDE to be run, showing the added Teensy content.

THIS SINGLE FILE DIFFERENCE MAY BE THE ONLY PROBLEM

Modified Info.plist contains:
<key>JVMRuntime</key>
<string>JavaAppletPlugin.plugin</string>

Stock Info.plist Contains:
<key>JVMRuntime</key>
<string>jdk1.8.0_131.jdk</string>

IDE RUNS OK with the one other Info.plist mod in place:

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>cc.arduino.Arduino.teensyduino</string>

Stock Info.plist Contains:
<key>JVMRuntime</key>
<string>jdk1.8.0_131.jdk</string>

I just downloaded a fresh copy of arduino-1.8.5-macosx.zip. It's Info.plist has "<string>JavaAppletPlugin.plugin</string>".

I also downloaded a fresh copy of arduino-1.8.3-macosx.zip from the previous releases page, and it too has "<string>JavaAppletPlugin.plugin</string>".

Perhaps you have an old download from the (now defunct) Arduino.org website? Or maybe it's a corrupted or infected copy from some other site than Arduino.cc?

The original "stock" arduino-1.8.5-macosx.zip download has MD5 sum 4a0dd99a006ea91376793a763f2ebd9a. Please download a fresh copy and check it with "md5sum" in a terminal window to verify you have the correct, unaltered download from Arduino.cc.

It must find the current Java installation, I had just installed the latest while troubleshooting, which is the name I was getting in Info.plist.

One abnormal part of my setup: I have Java 6 runtime installed along with the current version to support some old Applications, perhaps the 2 versions present confuses the name finding mechanism.
Here's the Apple provided "Legacy" version installer:
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US

(I like your packaging with the indestructible pinout card and resealable anti-static bag) I am about to pick up nother board at my local retail store: MicroCenter, Orange County.

Have you tried with Arduino 1.8.5? It includes its own copy of the JRE.

I'm pretty sure you downloaded 1.8.3 from Arduino.org. All this stuff about copies of Java on your machine is probably not relevant. If you download the correct copy from Arduino.cc, it is stand-alone and does not use Java from elsewhere on your Mac.

Again, please download a fresh copy of Arduino 1.8.5. I'm pretty sure it will "just work".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back