Teensy LC exact baud rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nominal Animal

The Teensyduino Serial page only lists the relative errors at certain baud rates, not the exact baud rates Teensy LC is capable of. It looks like 31 250, 250 000, 500 000 are exact, and extrapolating from the error figures, that also 750 000 and 1 500 000 would be exact, too.

Is there a table, or a formula? 1500000/N seems to fit the error values. (For example, the closest to 115200 would be 115384.6, which indeed is +0.16% in error.)

Has anybody used the 1500000 baud rate on a Teensy LC successfully? I have very short leads (couple of centimeters max.) but I'd like to keep the error rate as small as possible.

It would definitely cover my needs in this particular case -- a simple interface board for Odroid HC1 --, as it would be connected to just some buttons and maybe a small status OLED display, a couple of logic control lines, and a MOSFET via an NPN transistor. AIUI, the Odroid has several clocks it can generate the baudrate from, so I'd try to match the actual baud rate on that end instead. My preliminary schematic for Teensy 3.1/3.2 is here, but I think I'll simplify the design by dropping the regrouped connectors. (The ratsnest is a bit overwhelming.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back