Teensy Comparison Website (Non PRJC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that's an 'interesting' page. Someone put a bit of work in the comparison section, but a lot of the text is lorem ipsum and dated 2016.

There was a forum post some time back ( I don't find now) where the person put out some info and was going to do something like that.

Looks like he started then it just died. Too bad. Would have been interesting. Looks like some of it was going where PRJC wants to go with FAQs, etc.

In terms of comparisons between the Teensys, I maintain a google docs spreadsheet for my own use that tries to summarize the differences between the Teensy models:

All I can say is wow! Looked at the workbook, great reference source. You put in a lot of time to maintain that one. Nice. I have a folder of boards and shields with the various pinouts that I use for reference.

All I can say is wow! Looked at the workbook, great reference source. You put in a lot of time to maintain that one. Nice. I have a folder of boards and shields with the various pinouts that I use for reference.

Assuming it was meant for me, and not the original link, thanks.

In terms of comparisons between the Teensys, I maintain a google docs spreadsheet for my own use that tries to summarize the differences between the Teensy models:

Thanks @MichaelMeissner! The spreadsheets are really useful, I tried to make a similar visual comparison sheet in Inkscape for comparing Touch pins, no where near the detail you have here.

@MichaelMeissner:

Awesome (hard) work! This is a must have document. But still I have a suggestion: could you specify the FTM channel for every PWM pin (it helps when you're working with pairs) and the ADC hardware for every analog input (useful for differential/simultaneous readings)? Something like this:

Code:
============
22  FTM0_CH0
23  FTM0_CH1
=
 9  FTM0_CH2
10  FTM0_CH3
=
 6  FTM0_CH4
20  FTM0_CH5
=
21  FTM0_CH6
 5  FTM0_CH7
============
 3  FTM1_CH0
 4  FTM1_CH1
============
32  FTM2_CH0
25  FTM2_CH1
============

========================
A0  ADC0_SE5b
A1  ADC0_SE14
A2  ADC0_SE8  / ADC1_SE8
A3  ADC0_SE9  / ADC1_SE9
A4  ADC0_SE13
A5  ADC0_SE12
A6  ADC0_SE6b
A7  ADC0_SE7b
A8  ADC0_SE15
A9  ADC0_SE4b
A10 ADC0_DP0  / ADC1_DP3
A11 ADC0_DM0  / ADC1_DM3
A12 ADC0_DP0  / ADC1_DP3
A13 ADC0_DM3  / ADC1_DM0
A14 ADC0_SE23
A15             ADC1_SE5a
A16             ADC1_SE5b
A17             ADC1_SE4b
A18             ADC1_SE6b
A19             ADC1_SE7b
A20             ADC1_SE4a
========================

@MichaelMeissner:

Awesome (hard) work! This is a must have document. But still I have a suggestion: could you specify the FTM channel for every PWM pin (it helps when you're working with pairs) and the ADC hardware for every analog input (useful for differential/simultaneous readings)?

I'll think about it, but since I rarely use PWM or ADC hardware, it is hard to know what to include, and to make sure I have the right information for each of the processors. Another issue is just the width of the table is becoming an hassle. I suspect when the next processor comes out, I will drop the 3.0, just to shrink the width of the table. While I still have a few 3.0's lying around, I haven't used them in some time.

It may be better to have another table with the more specific information in it.

Okay, you're right. After all, you can't include the full kinetis datasheet!

It happened that I needed both FTM and ADCs for one of my previous projects and I was hardly find those informations (I had to look inside the pins_teensy.c and to read the @pedvide's great ADC library thread).

Keep up the good work, I have bookmarked your docs already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back