Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Teensy 3.5 + Arduino 1.8.2 + Teensyduino 1.39 (trying to compile neopixel-library)

Teensy 3.5 + Arduino 1.8.2 + Teensyduino 1.39 (trying to compile neopixel-library)

Hi,
    I think the title is pretty clear

I am trying to compile a program which uses the Adafruit NeoPixel 1.1.2 (or I suppose that teensyduino installs its own neopixel library?), using Arduino 1.8.2, Teensyduino 1.39 and compile for a Teensy 3.5.

I get the following annoying error:

Code:
    C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\Adafruit_NeoPixel.cpp:1708:17: error: 'TC_Stop' was not declared in this scope

TC_Stop(TC1, 0);

^

Multiple libraries were found for "Adafruit_NeoPixel.h"
     Used: C:\Users\...\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel
     Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel
    Error compiling for board Teensy 3.5.
    Last edited by alborz; 10-10-2017 at 07:39 AM.

I managed to compile successfully once I have removed the NeoPixel Library which I had in the Arduino Library.
    This is not a good solution for me since I use that library for other projects and controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by alborz View Post
    I managed to compile successfully once I have removed the NeoPixel Library which I had in the Arduino Library.
    This is not a good solution for me since I use that library for other projects and controllers.
    I haven't done anything non-Teensy in a while, but I have a script that rebuilds my Arduino library directory from 2 different directories, One directory contains all of the libraries to use in all projects, The other directory contains the libraries included on the Teensy release, and I don't copy this directory when doing Teensy stuff.

Alternatively, you can move the Adafruit_Neopixel library from the Teensy release to the common library directory each time you load a new Teensy release.

The problem is version 1.1.2 (Adafruit's latest release) is too old. Please ask Adafruit to publish a new release.

Or, you could download the latest from Adafruit's github and put it into your Documents\Arduino\libraries folder. The code Teensyduino installs is identical to the latest on Adafruit's github, as of the moment I'm writing this message.

The 1.1.2 release was published on Jun 28, 2017. Adafruit merged the improvements for Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 on August 30, and changes for another non-Teensy board on July 23. Neither of these are in the older 1.1.2 release.