Teensyduino 1.40 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I download this even if I currently only work with Teensy hardware? (Not ArduinoCode)

Perhaps not - unless these changed items relate to usage at hand - or if you experience an issue requiring forum assistance:

Teensyduino History
Version 1.40
Support for Arduino 1.8.5
USBHost_t36: HID parsing, improved Mouse driver, new Joystick driver, hub driver fixes, idVendor() & idProduct() functions, keyboard improvements (Kurt)
Audio: fix stereo DAC right channel bug, fix DAC clipping overflow issue, fix FFT256 with LTO optimize (Frank)
Updated: Snooze, FastCRC, i2c_t3, TinyGPS, TeensyThreads
Fix systick hang when yield() overridden
Show warning for certain counterfeit boards, but still allow upload
Linux Teensy Loader now uses udev to find USB devices
Fix delay when uploading on Linux
Fix missing upload error messages in newer Arduino
Fix race condition causing "Teensy Loader is unable to read your compiled sketch (r)"

Did you try the different CLI options shown in the HTML link @Paul gave? like the -s option?

Paul, you noted 1.41 is somewhere in process. Will it have a version of 'Arduino-1-9-has-multi-cpu-parallel-build' installed - or still manual file set for that? I updated the bug on that - current github USB Host examples gave those odd chars and resulted in Error not just warning like others. So probably not ready for default install {unless they have made fixes? }. Was there a time frame for 1.41beta? [trying to decide when to update laptop and transfer to a new desktop to build FrankB's Teensy64 w/VGA]

Right now, there isn't a solid time frame for 1.41. Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since 1.40 was released, just to put things in perspective. My general goal has been "about every 3 months" or when Arduino releases. Lately they've been averaging about 2 months, though 1.8.5 was prompted by a Java bug with MacOS 10.13.

I'm not working on the strange-char-on-Windows issue (does not happen on Linux). I'm pretty sure it's a bug in Arduino's new 1.9 beta preprocessor. Other than try to find a non-Teensy test case to clearly report to Arduino, I really don't see much to be done here. If you would like to put some work into solving this problem, please download the latest 1.9 beta from Arduino's website. Maybe you could make a copy of Test.ino with a dummy header to define do-nothing C++ classes, only for the purpose of getting a reproducible "incomplete universal character name" error to report on Arduino's issue tracker. Remember to always test with the very latest from their website, since they've recently made changes that might have already fixed this problem.

Until Arduino makes a non-beta 1.9 release, switching preprocesors will be a manual step. However, the next 1.41 beta will have the updated platform.txt file, so you'll only need to add the preprocessor and switch the arduino-builder program.

If you're doing a project where you need things to "just work", unless you've got fancy C++ template stuff that requires the beta preprocessor, probably best to avoid beta software.

Hello,
I'm trying to use the Serial Inputs RX2 and RX3 for MIDI input.
The First RX1 port is running fine. Using MIDI.begin(0);

But there is no mean for opening RX2 and RX3 in the MIDI Library.

How to open these other ports ?
Thanks for your help,
Best regards

Pascal Leray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back