Teensyduino on Arm64 Jetson TX1/TX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nburn42

I am trying to install teensyduino on a Jetson TX1 which is 64 bit arm.

I tried:
chmod +x Downloads/TeensyduinoInstall.linuxarm

Then ran the executable from both nautalis and the command line.
I got no messages or errors.

I see talk of installing teensyduino on a 64 bit raspberry pi here.
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/42921-TeensyduinoInstall-linuxarm-won-t-run-on-Raspberry
None of their solutions help me though.

As far as libxft2:armhf goes I can't locate it:

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install libxft2:armhf
[sudo] password for nvidia:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libxft2:armhf

I also don't see a way to compile teensyduino from sources.

Is there any way I might get this working?

Thanks,
Nathan

Frank I am assuming he is asking if can install Arduino and Teensyduino to run on the Arm64 machine...

Earlier I had some success getting Arduino and Teensyduino installed on an Odroid C2 running Ubuntu 64 ARM.

I have talked about it on a couple of threads, like: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=21249

I tried playing around building from sources, but the build process uses some packages by Arduino and they don't appear to have the files... Been awhile since I tried.

It will probably only be able to work if you can install 32 bit versions of *ALL* the shared libs, including GTK and the many Gnome libs.

Linux is pretty terrible about supporting 32 bit programs on 64 bit systems, so I'd say the odds are not good.

In case anyone's wondering, my position on Teensy officially supporting ARM64 is the same as it was with regular ARM 32 bit.

When/if Arduino publishes an ARM64 download, I will follow there lead and make a 64 bit Teensyduino download to support it. But it must be published by Arduino on their regular Arduino.cc downloads page. I do not support modified Arduino builds made by the various distros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back