Auto Loader not working. Teensy 3.2 and 3.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

secavian

I apologize up front if this question has been answered. I've looked, but can't find it.

I have a T-3.2 (several, in fact) and I always have to press the button on the board in order to load an updated sketch. This is true regardless of the board I'm using or the program I'm running. If I'm outputting code to the Serial, I normally have to remove and reinsert the usb cable once I've uploaded the sketch in order to reconnect to the serial port. I also have a T-3.6 and I have the same issue.

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Arduino 1.8.4

Teensy Loader 1.38

Here is my sketch:

#define BTN 12
#define LED 13

void setup(){
pinMode(LED, OUTPUT);
pinMode(BTN, INPUT_PULLUP);
}

void loop(){
int btnState = digitalRead(BTN);
int ledState = btnState == HIGH ? LOW : HIGH;

digitalWrite(LED, ledState);

delay(25);
}

The program works as expected once it's uploaded.

Thanks in advance.

Might need some additional information, like: What is the USB type set to? What MHZ are you running the sketch at...

Note: The first time you program a new T3.2, you will typically have to hit the Program button. But then assuming that your USB type includes Serial it should be reset properly by the Arduino IDE to upload new program.

I figured it out (I think). I'm using a hub and when I went directly to a port on my dev box, bingo bongo - the problem resolved itself. I switched to a different hub (an old, and nearly forgotten, 2.0 little beastie) and that is doing the trick.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back