TeensyStep build errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elf

The example HelloStepper fails to compile. First error is:
PIT.h: 30:2: error: 'KINETISK_PIT_CHANNEL_t' does not name a type
KINETISK_PIT_CHANNEL_t* channel = nullptr

Any suggestions on how to resolve the error?

I didn't think I'd ever hear the Arduino IDE was easier to use :)

It fails with the same error.

I tried just now, with Arduino 1.8.5 and Teensyduino 1.4.0, using Teensy 3.2 selected in Tools > Boards.

It compiles without any error. Here's a screenshot.

sc.png

I didn't think I'd ever hear the Arduino IDE was easier to use :)

It fails with the same error.

that was easier to 'debug' :) - as for usage . . . that involves a user :cool:

With VisStudio in use, assuming Windows:: For easiest w/Windows usage pull the IDE ZIP down of the version Paul used - extract to a fresh directory - install TeensyDuino 1.40 there. That should give a true starting point - uses about 650MB.

Hi. I ereceive the same error:
error: 'KINETISK_PIT_CHANNEL_t' does not name a type KINETISK_PIT_CHANNEL_t* channel = nullptr

I'm running Teensy Installer Ver 1.31. I assume I need to update to a later version.

I ran the Teensyduino 1.44 installer, and it is asking me to "Choose Arduino location to install Teensyduino". However I',not sure which folder to pick. I've tried the Aduino folder under Program Files (x86) and also the Arduini folder and users\...\documents\arduino. As I navigate through the file structure the "Next" button stays greyed out so I cannot proceed with the installation.

Advice please.

I assume your Arduino version is not compatible with Teensyduino 1.44. According to the homepage. Teensyduino 1.44 supports Arduino versions 1.0.6 and 1.6.5-r5 and 1.8.1 and 1.8.5 and 1.8.6 and 1.8.7. Best would be to upate Arduino to 1.8.7 and after that install Teensyduino 1.4.4

I'm running Arduino version 1.6.12
Is there a risk that by updating to 1.8.7 that any of my previous projects will not compile ?

You can also install the new version parallel to the old version: Just download the Arduino zip file and extract it wherever you want without touching the old version.

As I navigate through the file structure the "Next" button stays greyed out so I cannot proceed with the installation.

Advice please.

Each installer only recognizes a few versions of Arduino. The supported versions are shown on the first page (which nobody reads) and the website right below the download links (also a place people don't usually read). Look at either of those to see which versions of Arduino can be used. If you have a different version, you'll need to install one of the supported Arduino versions.

As Luni mentioned, you can extract the ZIP file in a new location on your PC and then install into that copy, if you want to keep the old install intact. But if you have 2 or more copies of Arduino+Teensyduino on your PC, remember where they are located and which one you're using. Many people have gone down that path and later faced confusing problems when they double-click on a file and Windows runs a different copy of Arduino than they expected. Remember to look at the the title bar of each window, or click Help > About to check which version you're really using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back