Upload sketch to teensy via serial1 or any input besides the main input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvasir

Is is possible to upload sketches, compiled code, or hex files to a teensy 3.2 via any input besides the designated input?

PJRC and the Teensy as shipped with bootloader on 2nd processor only support upload over the USB cable.

There are posts { note dangers } around of others directly writing code to flash - but no supported alternative.

I have the same issue: programming Teensy 3.2s on the field (connected over CAN bus) without having to walk/climb etc. to each of them. OK, I understand, programming over the CAN bus is not a supported option, but:
Could anybody suggest a bluetooth or any kind of radio bridge solution that would replace the usb cable without the two devices at the ends noticing it?

Search the forum for 'Teensy OTA'. There are some makeshift solutions available, but non really recommended for production.

My solution is to combine them with a Linux SBC, e.g. the very compact $9 NanoPi Neo, and use Teensy CLI through SSH to reflash the Teensy. This is probably something that could be automated through some shell scripting for larger deployments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back