Teensy Audio Shield Volume control Headphone vs Line out

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeyasia

Hello,
I have a Teensy on top of an Audio Shield. I want to control the volume for the headphones separately than the volume for the line out... Is there any way to do that?

I also have two sources: 1) Sine wave outputting 2) WAV file from SD card. I would like to control the volumes separately as well if possible. Only the audio shield itself seems to have a volume method.

Thanks!
Sia

Been working on a project where I have a gesture sensor (APDS-9960) connected to adjust overall volume. Prototyping went well using the Teensy Audio headphone out, but I wanted to use the line outs and a separate amp.

I'm noticing that when I use the line out connections, my volume changes no longer take effect. When I go back to the headphone out, they are fine. Which brought me to this post.

So what is the general recommendation? I can address the line-outs separately, but if they are only in coarse steps, should I stick with the onboard headphone amp? I'm trying to prohibit amplifying the signal twice, but I want to keep the granularity of the volume I have now.

Been working on a project where I have a gesture sensor (APDS-9960) connected to adjust overall volume. Prototyping went well using the Teensy Audio headphone out, but I wanted to use the line outs and a separate amp.

I'm noticing that when I use the line out connections, my volume changes no longer take effect. When I go back to the headphone out, they are fine. Which brought me to this post.

So what is the general recommendation? I can address the line-outs separately, but if they are only in coarse steps, should I stick with the onboard headphone amp? I'm trying to prohibit amplifying the signal twice, but I want to keep the granularity of the volume I have now.

After learning more about the line-out possibilities, in the end I stayed with the headphone output. For my application this was better, with more granular control. I'm using an Adafruit TS2012 amp, which could also be controlled by Teensy to adjust volume, but that would be additional coding that I don't think is warranted right now. By careful setting of the Teensy Audio mixers, I'm able to keep everything under 0.8 for a good signal that the amp can handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back