OctoWS2811 and Glediator

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwain

Hi,

I am currently using a Teensy 3.6 + OctoWs2811 and Glediator. I attached a UTP cable to the first RJ45 connecter of the Octows2811 and I attached 4 led strips. Everything works now. But I want to attach a second led strip to each of the 4 strips. So I have then 4 led strips with 2 equal rows.

But how do I set this? In the gledatior.ino code it only says:
const int ledsPerStrip = 37;
const int NUM_LEDS = 222;

But not rows like the video example has? Or do I need to configure this inside glediator?

Hi @dwain. Do you want to just extend the length of each of the four strips, so that instead of having say 37 leds per strip, you have a strip that is 74 long? and then have four lengths of 74? or are you talking about sending the data to two parallel sets of four. maybe a quick drawing of intended setup?

Yes, i have for example all 4 utp colors attached to a strip with 100 leds but they are set in lenghts of 25 leds

octodwain.jpg

So purple is led strip 1 attached to utp orange, green is led strip 2 attached to utp color blue...

Last edited:
OK, that looks like you will have led strips that are 100 leds long, and you will have four strips, making 400 leds in total. so you would have:
const int ledsPerStrip = 100;
const int NUM_LEDS = 400;
and in Glediator you set Options > Matrix Size to 100 size_x and 4 size_y

Yes but that will active only first row of each led strip.

So I have 4 strips attached to octows2811:
Orange: 2 led strips with each strip 37 leds
Blue: 2 led strips with each strip 37 leds
GReen: 2 led strips with each strip 37 leds
Brown: 2 led strips with each strip 37 leds

Once you have set your total pixel number and the number of pixels connected to each pin (2*37), then in Glediator you would need to change the output settings to "snake" mode. I think that it is in menu > Options > Output > and choose Pixel Order type that you want.

Oh, also, total pixels would be a multiplication of eight, not four as I said above, as octows2811 library expects 8 equal strips for memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back