Can't analogRead and play audio at the same time without massive interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcooi77

I am playing around with the Teensy 3.2 and the audio shield.

I added a little 10k pot, using the audio board "GND" and 3.3V, and analogRead on pin A0 to change effect parameters.

SD-card audio from the sample sketch works great, and my pot (separate sketch) reads in as expected. But the capacitance from even my hands on the analogRead wire suddenly shorts out the audio to a solid beep until I pull the power.

I know it's recommended to keep wires short, but I have my audio board stacked directly on the Teensy with headers. Help suggestions?

I am playing around with the Teensy 3.2 and the audio shield.

I added a little 10k pot, using the audio board "GND" and 3.3V, and analogRead on pin A0 to change effect parameters.

SD-card audio from the sample sketch works great, and my pot (separate sketch) reads in as expected. But the capacitance from even my hands on the analogRead wire suddenly shorts out the audio to a solid beep until I pull the power.

I know it's recommended to keep wires short, but I have my audio board stacked directly on the Teensy with headers. Help suggestions?

Is it soldered to the teensy ? It will not work without solder.

@Frank, No, the audio board has a set of female headers, and I put the male headers on the Teensy, headers are truly soldered to each board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back