Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: snooze and teensy as a USB keyboard ?

snooze and teensy as a USB keyboard ?

Hi

I would like to use a Teensy LC (or 3.2 or 3.6) as a keyboard device when connected to computer by usb and power efficient when not connected.
    Is this possible while retaining RAM?

I don't mind if the user has to push a button to get a connection with the computer and that it goes back to no connection (and less power consumption) with a timer.

(For simplicity I even could power it always by battery.)

Alain

Quote Originally Posted by AlainD View Post
    Hi

I would like to use a Teensy LC (or 3.2 or 3.6) as a keyboard device when connected to computer by usb and power efficient when not connected.
    Is this possible while retaining RAM?

I don't mind if the user has to push a button to get a connection with the computer and that it goes back to no connection (and less power consumption) with a timer.

(For simplicity I even could power it always by battery.)

Alain
    All the default low power modes in Snooze retain RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    All the default low power modes in Snooze retain RAM.
    Thanks, will it also be possible to get a USB keyboard working after sleeping?
    Is it worth testing?

Alain

Quote Originally Posted by AlainD View Post
    Thanks, will it also be possible to get a USB keyboard working after sleeping?
    Is it worth testing?

Alain
    I haven't tried the USB keyboard with Snooze but I think all the wakeups methods should work, I would put in a good 2 sec delay after waking for the usb to reconnect but there could be other issues let me know what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    I haven't tried the USB keyboard with Snooze but I think all the wakeups methods should work, I would put in a good 2 sec delay after waking for the usb to reconnect but there could be other issues let me know what you find out.
    Hi I did some tests and for me those where rather good. All tests ran on a 3.2 at 24Mhz powered by USB connected to a win10 laptop. Snooze only digital input and timer.
    - USB keyboard recovers after deepSleep and hibernate, but not after sleep.
    - a delay(500) before keyboard print statements is needed (400 wasn't enough), I will at least double it for production use.
    - a delay(10) is needed after the last println statement before going to deepsleep/hibernate again.
    - If shorter delays are used the first/last characters don't arrive at the computer, but I don't see other problems.

Alain